Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: There’s a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Or he was making sure it wasn't stolen.....since there is that problem in the area.
    True that. The urban guys carjack Chargers left and right to go commit more crimes.

(Philadelphia County)

Capt Waffles,what kind of Charger do you have,guessing it is not a chintzy SXT?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Was this taken at a car show? I don*t remember PSP ever using Mustangs.
    I have a little model of this one, it was part of a DUI program.

Attached Images Attached Images

(Chester County)

Been pulled over about five times in 49 years of driving and two of them were warnings.

I can't imagine anyone never getting stopped, let alone once in their life.
    Last edited by JAKIII; March 30th, 2024 at 03:07 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

I was pulled over for the first time in about a decade last month. It was very late at night and I was clocked at 38 in a 25. The cop was probably looking for DUIs and I hadn't been drinking. After a polite and enjoyable conversation, he asked me to watch the speed limit and sent me on my way. I imagine it could have gone differently had I been a jerk.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    This up near Wilkes Barre / Scranton area?
    Sounds a lot like a section or Rt 6 just east of Meshoppin...

(Berks County)

Would your system be admissible in court? Is it calibrated? I always hear of people challenging the calibration of law enforcement speed timing devices, wouldn*t that apply to a defense like the one you would be using ?
    Not when it would just verify that he was speeding and when.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Would your system be admissible in court? Is it calibrated? I always hear of people challenging the calibration of law enforcement speed timing devices, wouldn*t that apply to a defense like the one you would be using ?
    I believe that calibration of cop speed detection systems is mandated by statute. I'm not aware of a similar rule for citizen evidence & devices.

My evidence of non-speeding should be admissible if I lay the foundation, especially if the scenery going by is consistent with the speed I testify I was traveling.

If it's my dash cam record vs a cop claiming he looked at his radar gun, then it's up to the judge. DJ's are notorious for rubber-stamping the po-po, although I've been lucky to experience some good magistrates (also some bad ones).
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Can I get the details on your dash cam set up please?
    Hardest part is mounting the rear camera and running the wire up to the unit.

I'd really recommend that you NOT just rubber-band the unit to the existing mirror (that's the default). Too easy to steal. Get the replacement bracket, replace the existing mirror.

This is also ideal for trucks and vans, anything where you can't easily get a straight-thru view with a windshield mirror. It's basically running with a back-up cam all the time, but it records, and includes the front view & some data.

https://wolfbox.com/collections/dash-cam
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Dude, you are driving a Dodge Charge, of course you were going over 25mph. Who drives under 25mph.

An abuse of power stop, LOL. You should file a complaint to the highest court of the land.

I drive 20 on residential neighborhood streets that are marked 25. I feel 25 is too fast to be able to stop if a dog or a child pops out from between a car parked on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Can you provide some insight on your decision to open carry vs. concealed? Thanks.
    LOLOLOL!!!

Haha! That's funny!
    I bought a dash cam after being pulled over and ticketed for failing to stop at a stop sign. It was bullshit and he was just pissed because HE had to stop because he didn't see me coming (I had the right of way).
    After watching the MPH display on the dash cam, I came to the conclusion that verifying SPEED is a NO GO if you are in the process of speeding up or slowing down - like you do when driving where there are lots of stop signs. It takes the GPS a few seconds to recalibrate your speed. I've been at a dead stop for several seconds and the dash cam still displays 3MPH. Pulling out, it then takes several seconds for it to "catch up" and accurately display your current speed.

I have the MPH recording disabled on the recorded portion. No point showing the court that I was going 3MPH at a stop sign when that is not the case. (or that I was going 75 in a 55 )
    At least it can be VISUALLY verified that a stop occurred by watching the video.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Been pulled over about five times in 49 years of driving and two of them were warnings.

I can't imaging anyone never getting stopped, let alone once in their life.
    Yeah, I had a good run. I was pulled over on the PA turnpike when I was 17 after the trooper in an unmarked car came flying up on my ass in the passing lane and I accelerated from 60 to 75 in order to get around some cars, to move over, and "let this asshole riding my ass get by me". I moved over and so did he - then he lit me up. Dick move.

I went another 35 years before that asshole ticketed me for failing to stop a year or two ago. (thankfully they dismissed it in court)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast