Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Alright Florida. No wonder people are moving to Florida.

Going fishing in Florida May 2024,Mahi Mahi, Black tip shark, Grouper etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    It*s a YouTube short in which a Sheriff is at a press conference explaining that the homeowner who shot at (and missed) a potential burglar will not face any charges. And then proceeds to invite the unnamed/unknown homeowner to their firearms safety course so that might learn to shoot better to *save the taxpayers some money in the future*.

Edit: it took me longer to type this on my phone than it was to watch the video
    See? That wasn't so difficult! In one short summary, you told me two things:

1) A summary of what the video shows, and
    2) That I've already seen this video, and read a related article

(Chester County)

I moved to Florida in 2020 in Polk County (Home of Grady Judd).
    Come on down the water is fine and most of the sheriffs down here are the way of the video you just watched.
    For the record, they call this the "gunshine state" but the gun laws are actually better in PA.

Fair warning about Florida, your homeowners and car insurance will be about DOUBLE what you are paying back in PA.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    I moved to Florida in 2020 in Polk County (Home of Grady Judd).
    Come on down the water is fine and most of the sheriffs down here are the way of the video you just watched.
    For the record, they call this the "gunshine state" but the gun laws are actually better in PA.

Fair warning about Florida, your homeowners and car insurance will be about DOUBLE what you are paying back in PA.
    I heard about the massive increase in insurance. Someone told me it isn*t as bad if you have new construction (up to hurricane code). Do you know if that is true.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I heard about the massive increase in insurance. Someone told me it isn*t as bad if you have new construction (up to hurricane code). Do you know if that is true.
    Can confirm, hurricanes are the EXACT reason for the homeowners ins. Our ins went down from 3x to 2x after we put a new roof on the house. Lucky us. LOL

Car ins is because of the volume of wrecks caused by tourism and "Florida Snow" (elderly folks that should no longer be driving), now combine that with the fact that 16% of Florida residents don't have car ins (can't afford because the rates are so high) and you understand the problem.

When I say double and triple the rates, keep in mind I am from a rural part of PA that had rather low rates by anybodies standards and a good driving record.

Another aspect for the homeowners is that ins companies have pulled out of Florida causing fewer companies to compete for business, so it is THEIR market and not a consumers market at the moment. This pull out was due to hurricanes and the volume of payouts they had to make.

I have met people that will patch & patch & patch roofs as long as it takes to avoid getting a new roof because they know the ins companies will buy them a new roof every 20 years for hurricanes.
    It's crazy the way they think.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12