Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Budget NV options, suggestions?

Some form of NV and learning how to use it and integrate it will probably be useful going forward as we descend into a South Africa like state of living in enclaves attacked by illegal alien home invasion gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Gen 1 is kind of like the Chinese stuff in that it needs ambient light to be very useful, and its pretty IR dependent.
    Thats what kept me from buying. Max range on it was 50m. Was a canadian company that supplied to US military (Newcon optiks iirc). Reviews of it were mediocre at best

The Henbaker CY789 and the Pard nv-14 knockoff is what i’ve been eyeing up. And much like wanneroo, i suspect having and knowing how to use it will be handy in the future.

The Henbaker seems to get good reviews on youboob…as does the megaorei 4. I really like the idea of being able to clip it on the vortex sonora 4-16x40 SFP i bought at christmas… if it will work

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Thats what kept me from buying. Max range on it was 50m. Was a canadian company that supplied to US military (Newcon optiks iirc). Reviews of it were mediocre at best

The Henbaker CY789 and the Pard nv-14 knockoff is what i*ve been eyeing up. And much like wanneroo, i suspect having and knowing how to use it will be handy in the future.

The Henbaker seems to get good reviews on youboob*as does the megaorei 4. I really like the idea of being able to clip it on the vortex sonora 4-16x40 SFP i bought at christmas* if it will work
    I think especially living in a rural area, owning the night is going to be better, especially if going up against goobers and zombies, or simply doing pest control.

Keep in mind though any of this night vision reliant on IR light, you will stand out like a lighthouse on the mountain, so any adversary with passive night vision will have the drop on you.

(Allegheny County)

I’ve done some recent training with PVS-14s (dual white phos gen3) and a “borrowed” full power PEQ-15 on my rifle.

I’m So super new to this, so just spec-ing out my ‘buy once, cry once’ setup. But damn, after initial learning curve, it became very intuitive and naturally a game changer.

To quote my man Flannel Daddy, “If you don’t have night vision, you’re just going to be killed by somebody who does.” 😜

(Delaware County)

It’s kinda surreal when an optic costs as much as my AR, I’ve been looking at an Armasight, 2k… I guess there’s some used markets for better deals. Eh.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    I*ve done some recent training with PVS-14s (dual white phos gen3) and a *borrowed* full power PEQ-15 on my rifle.

I*m So super new to this, so just spec-ing out my *buy once, cry once* setup. But damn, after initial learning curve, it became very intuitive and naturally a game changer.

To quote my man Flannel Daddy, *If you don*t have night vision, you*re just going to be killed by somebody who does.* ��
    Go with the best you can afford. Realistically a Gen 3+ quality white phos PVS 14 is going to be pretty damn good for the average person. Add in some other gizmos or some additional thermal optic and you will outgoon 99.99% of the goons out there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345