Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Default Re: Quantity or quality?

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Bottom line is the guns that increase in value are ones no longer made, they turn into collector guns, that*s a whole different thing. I*m no collector like that, everything I have with the exception of a couple are ones I shoot, have shot or plan on shooting.

I don*t buy with the thought of someday maybe this will be worth x amount more because it*s this brand. Sometimes it works out that way with certain guns but it*s not why I spend x amount on certain things.
    Yeah that's definitely true, most guns aren't going to go up unless they get banned or something happens causing a panic buy. I probably buy most of my guns based on various movies and video games I've played over the years.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    If I came into an absurd amount of money I would be buying transferable machineguns. Lots of them. Then destructive devices, lots of artillery pieces.
    I should have did this way back, when it wasn’t new vehicle price expensive.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Not true, because I was really close to cashing in on some of my guns. SCAR*s we*re selling for over 5k and Colt AR*s were over 4K almost 5k, and that*s just a couple I remember because I was close to selling mine but decided not to.

Fwiw when I buy certain guns I have no intention on selling so I*ll spend the money on what I think is a quality gun for the money, are they worth it? That*s up to you to decide.

I have two MP5 guns, one is a MKE AP5-P that I got for around 1200, the other is a HK SP5 that I spent 3k on. Is one worth 1800.00 more than the other? To me it is, to most the 1200.00 one will do just fine.

Same with AR*s, I have 600.00 AR*s and 2200.00 AR*s and some in the middle, they all go bang, are they worth 2200.00? They are to me or I wouldn*t buy them.
    OK. My point was summed up in the last line of my post though.

Expensive, high-end guns were not bringing the money that the cheap guns were.

$3,000 collected on a gun that had cost $300 a week before means an increase of 900% $2,700 profit!

In order to get a 900% increase on your $2,200 AR15, you would have had to sell it for $22,000!

From a collectible standpoint, quality will help in the long run, but in the panic buying world, it didn't seem to hold true.
    People didn't care about "quality" - they just wanted ANYTHING before it was banned.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK. My point was summed up in the last line of my post though.

Expensive, high-end guns were not bringing the money that the cheap guns were.

$3,000 collected on a gun that had cost $300 a week before means an increase of 900% $2,700 profit!

In order to get a 900% increase on your $2,200 AR15, you would have had to sell it for $22,000!

From a collectible standpoint, quality will help in the long run, but in the panic buying world, it didn't seem to hold true.
    People didn't care about "quality" - they just wanted ANYTHING before it was banned.
    Ya that was one of the craziest times I can remember, every gun on gunbroker was being sold or bid on. I never had a 300.00 AR and can*t recall ever seeing one that cheap. Maybe I missed something.

Just bought my SCAR weeks before that for 1900.00 and had multiple Colts that I paid around or just under a thousand for, watching those auctions had me tempted. I could have made over 3k per gun had I chose to sell but the risk at the time wasn*t worth it if I could never buy them again. Percentage wise the 300.00 gun did better but I still would have made more, 3000 vs 2700 is still more. PSA, Anderson and host of others weren*t around and the market wasn*t flooded with low priced AR*s like it is now so I imagine things may be different if the same thing happened today, but hopefully we*ll never find out

As I already mentioned, when I buy something I don*t look at what will I get if I sell, I buy because I want it and don*t have intentions of selling. What I don*t do is buy something because it*s cheaper, if I can get something I feel or know is better I*ll go that route, but not everyone does the same. That*s why there*s more than one manufacturer, no one thinks alike.
    Today was a good day!

(Delaware County)

I stay in the mid Price range except for optics on my carry guns. All my ARs have Burris optics except for 1.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Chester County)

I don't care to own an Anschutz, although I suppose if I was Jeff Bezos I wouldn't care. My guns are all good quality... not high-end though.

All my bucket list guns are checked off, except for a full-auto Thompson, which I'll never have.

I always went with more than expensive. I'd rather have 50 semi nice guns then one nice expensive gun.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I don't care to own an Anschutz, although I suppose if I was Jeff Bezos I wouldn't care. My guns are all good quality... not high-end though.

All my bucket list guns are checked off, except for a full-auto Thompson, which I'll never have.
    One gun I always wanted was a MP5, I bought the SP5 cause the full auto is outta my price range. Once these became available I had to have, no regrets spending 3k on it.
    Today was a good day!

I bought a M3HB in 2000 for 6700.00 pretty much a brand new gun. One just sold on broker last year for 26k and change,
    and it wasn't in new condition either.
    It's hit or miss now with this great economy. What I am finding is people selling guns a little cheaper than normal,
    most likely due to this great economy. Now is the time to buy that certain gun.
    I'm only 6 guns shy of my law 12 collection, almost had one the other day but chickened out.
    I had a nice collection at one time, bring back p38, full auto mac, K98 bring back just to name a few.
    Obama put the cabash on that
    FJB

(Berks County)

Bottom line is the guns that increase in value are ones no longer made, they turn into collector guns, that*s a whole different thing. I*m no collector like that, everything I have with the exception of a couple are ones I shoot, have shot or plan on shooting.

I don*t buy with the thought of someday maybe this will be worth x amount more because it*s this brand. Sometimes it works out that way with certain guns but it*s not why I spend x amount on certain things.
    Bottom line is the guns featured in cool movies and video games are the ones that go way up. T V shows too.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast