Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Binary Targets at PMSC

For some reason, I thought binary targets are prohibited at PMSC. However, my review of the 2021 Handbook, the latest available from the website, seems to offer no such ban.

Does anyone know for sure?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Binary Targets at PMSC

Exploding targets probably were not even a consideration when the rules were drawn up.

No. I don't know for sure, but I thought basically only paper targets were permitted.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Exploding targets probably were not even a consideration when the rules were drawn up.

No. I don't know for sure, but I thought basically only paper targets were permitted.
    I could wrap paper around it.

PMSC has an active presence on Fakebook. If you want the official stance you could probably ask them over there. Yeah, yeah, I hate fakebook as much as the next guy but sometimes you just gotta go where the people/information are. I like the old days when PMSC had its own forums on their website where you felt better discussing club business than in a public one. But as many useful private forums have, it has fallen into disuse and/or abondonment.

Then again if you're asking on the down-low for potential plausible deniability down the road I'd not ask there ... but then again, there are enough non active PMSC members here that your cover is likely blown anyway. ;-)

(Allegheny County)

I wouldn*t think they allow it, plenty of videos out there where idiots dam near blow themselves up, lose limbs etc. Doubt that*s something they*ll wanna deal with if and when something similar happens.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Domer Dad View Post
    PMSC has an active presence on Fakebook. If you want the official stance you could probably ask them over there. Yeah, yeah, I hate fakebook as much as the next guy but sometimes you just gotta go where the people/information are. I like the old days when PMSC had its own forums on their website where you felt better discussing club business than in a public one. But as many useful private forums have, it has fallen into disuse and/or abondonment.

Then again if you're asking on the down-low for potential plausible deniability down the road I'd not ask there ... but then again, there are enough non active PMSC members here that your cover is likely blown anyway. ;-)
    Will never use Facebook.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Will never use Facebook.
    Why not?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Will never use Facebook.
    Well that will pretty much ensures that Zuckerberg dies a destitute old man.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Why not?
    For the same reasons he likes Google.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

They are not allowed per the rules on the website.

Additional Rifle Range Rules

1. To go downrange, call *Cease Fire* and when all firearms are secured and unloaded call *All Clear* before going beyond the concrete pad. The *Cease Fire* strobe warning light switch must be turned on alerting the entire firing line that it is NOT CLEAR. The last person returning from downrange shall turn the strobe warning light switch off alerting the entire firing line it is NOW CLEAR. Calling *Range going hot, eyes and ears* signifies that firearms may be handled and that shooting may resume.

2. Shooting is only permitted from the cement pad. Shooting from the grass is prohibited.

3. Only the following target types and locations may be used:

a. Paper targets attached to the club-provided target hangers (wire on 100 and 200-yard ranges and plywood on the 300-yard range). Do not attach targets to the posts supporting the wire or the plywood.

b. Steel targets appropriate for the caliber being shot and set up directly in front of the berm in such a manner that short rounds will impact the berm. No intermediate targets.