Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: Colt Lightning 44-40

Last 2 I saw on auction went for $1500 and $3700 plus buyers premium and tax (add 20%)....and that is a hell of a range. Condition commensurate with sale price. Neither in this caliber.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks guys, I'll probably pass So far, I went with a Browing A5, figured can't go wrong with that. And he threw in an old Ruby 32
    Spain was already liberal, and he said they have gotten much worse, so the gun business is pretty much winding down over there. He used to be part of licensed dealers that would go to police/military auctions where there were thousands of guns, but they have now stopped that all together. I'm looking over what he has in inventory and picking and choosing

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll probably pass So far, I went with a Browing A5, figured can't go wrong with that. And he threw in an old Ruby 32
    Spain was already liberal, and he said they have gotten much worse, so the gun business is pretty much winding down over there. He used to be part of licensed dealers that would go to police/military auctions where there were thousands of guns, but they have now stopped that all together. I'm looking over what he has in inventory and picking and choosing

Nice shotgun. Love the A5. I wish there was a place relatively local that carried some of these cool older guns. Everyone in SEPA carries more modern stuff. I hate having to turn to Gunbroker to overpay for vintage guns. Had a line on a Savage 1907, but got outbid by $5. All the other ones on GB were already nearly double what this one went for and they all have no bids.

(Jefferson County)

If I had the coin, I probably would have bought the Colt Lightning just for the sake of having an original.

I'm in to making badly performing guns work. ...winter projects.

But I'm also poor, and when I do have money, I'm a cheapass. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

There's a lightning in the family, I believe my aunt has laid claim to it, but it's in my dad's possession at the moment. Was my grandfather's and I believe it's a 38-40. I think the complaint my grandfather had about it, was that it's so slow you can just about see the bullets fly. I've got to handle it a few times, but it currently just sits in the safe. Definitely a cool piece to have around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12