Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone else still waiting for a year to get form 1 or form4 approval?

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    I have 5 eF4s in right now. Oldest will be 14 months next Tuesday and newest is 4.5 months.

Called ATF 6 weeks ago to check status and was told the oldest was in delayed status with the FBI while the rest were pending. I've got a unique last name and have never had anything on my record - nor are NICS checks ever delayed - yet as I understand it, the FBI can simply not perform the check and send it back without action, at which point I will have to start all over again.

Of the 5, 1 is an SBR, 2 are suppressors, and 2 are MGs so I have paid out a significant amount of money for items that I can't have until a nameless/faceless bureaucrat who hates me does his job. Can't speak to a reviewer and emails to the FBI's NICs Liasson and ATF's IPB go unanswered. All of my reps are worthless Dems, but I even tried that route and emailed the office of one who advertises his veteran status to help get elected, but no response there either.

So I wait for the approval emails every day and watch other people get their approvals in days or weeks and there's nothing I can do about it. But I'm supposed to believe I have rights as a taxpaying citizen with a government full of public servants.

Have to go finish my taxes now because if I don't write the Feds a check, they'll send men with guns to kill me.

The whole thing is a joke. No word from my rep after I sent back their consent form

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone else still waiting for a year to get form 1 or form4 approval?

I have 5 eF4s in right now. Oldest will be 14 months next Tuesday and newest is 4.5 months.

Called ATF 6 weeks ago to check status and was told the oldest was in delayed status with the FBI while the rest were pending. I've got a unique last name and have never had anything on my record - nor are NICS checks ever delayed - yet as I understand it, the FBI can simply not perform the check and send it back without action, at which point I will have to start all over again.

Of the 5, 1 is an SBR, 2 are suppressors, and 2 are MGs so I have paid out a significant amount of money for items that I can't have until a nameless/faceless bureaucrat who hates me does his job. Can't speak to a reviewer and emails to the FBI's NICs Liasson and ATF's IPB go unanswered. All of my reps are worthless Dems, but I even tried that route and emailed the office of one who advertises his veteran status to help get elected, but no response there either.

So I wait for the approval emails every day and watch other people get their approvals in days or weeks and there's nothing I can do about it. But I'm supposed to believe I have rights as a taxpaying citizen with a government full of public servants.

Have to go finish my taxes now because if I don't write the Feds a check, they'll send men with guns to kill me.

Email NICS everyday until you get a response, I did this and had 5 approved in a week, 3 form 4’s and 2 form 1’s.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Email NICS everyday until you get a response, I did this and had 5 approved in a week, 3 form 4*s and 2 form 1*s.
    Got nothing to lose. Did you use the nicsliason@fbi.gov address?

(Lancaster County)

Email NICS everyday until you get a response, I did this and had 5 approved in a week, 3 form 4*s and 2 form 1*s.
    Thanks for the reminder. They never emailed me back. Just emailed them again

(Allegheny County)

Got nothing to lose. Did you use the nicsliason@fbi.gov address?
    Yes that*s the one.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Holy shit, man... it might have worked. I emailed them every day and today got a nearly instant response:

"Your transaction(s) has been resolved by the NICS Section. An updated status will be submitted to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Please direct any additional questions regarding your application to ATF at 304-616-4500."

Edit: it definitely worked: 1 hour after the FBI email, all 5 approvals came in from ATF. Thanks ARJohnson...I owe you big!
    Last edited by thebearpack; March 29th, 2024 at 02:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Holy shit, man... it might have worked. I emailed them every day and today got a nearly instant response:

"Your transaction(s) has been resolved by the NICS Section. An updated status will be submitted to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Please direct any additional questions regarding your application to ATF at 304-616-4500."

Edit: it definitely worked: 1 hour after the FBI email, all 5 approvals came in from ATF. Thanks ARJohnson...I owe you big!
    Good deal man, I*m glad it worked for you. It took a couple days for mine after I got a response and got all five of mine in that same week.
    Today was a good day!

(Lancaster County)

Last week, I had all but 1 of my form 1 & form 4s approved. Still waiting on 1 form 4.

It's my shotgun can & I have to send in the barrel to be cut & threaded with an expected 5 week ETA for that so no worries, but when it gets close, I will email the nicsliason address again. Can't be a coincidence that it all came through after I repeatedly emailed them (they never replied FYI)

(Lancaster County)

The last one was finally approved last week.

Today I got an email reply from the nicsliason address with nonsense no update info available lol

(Bucks County)

Son waiting for permission to acquire a silencer (That's what ATF calls a suppressor) permit since May of 2023.Years ago he jumped thru the hoops to have a SBR...wouldn't you think that might fit into their research on his app?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast