Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show - March 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Lol all the way it*s literally a 15-20 minute drive.
    Shit man. It can take longer than that just to get through the Fort Pitt tunnel.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Shit man. It can take longer than that just to get through the Fort Pitt tunnel.
    Ya I guess, depending on time of day. Sat-Sun mornings are usually not bad. If you*re on that side of the tunnels go to next show in Washington, pretty good show.
    Today was a good day!

(Washington County)

I think the area most lacking a gun show in SW PA is the Connellsville/Uniontown area. Morgantown, WV show is the closest show. That is a good show. About the size of Monroeville or a little smaller, good vendors, always crowded.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

I'm not gonna buy anything. It's just "something to do". But the time at the event should be at least as long as it takes to get there and back (;

Google Maps currently shows me 29 mins to get to MCC.

(Allegheny County)

It would be cool to see another gun show closer to Pittsburgh for sure.

I was shocked to see one being held downtown - shocked that the city would even allow it.
    Never would have guessed a smallish gun show could AFFORD to have space at the convention center. Maybe the convention center is hurting for venues and it's not as expensive as I imagined it would be?

I still think outside the city limits would be better - paying to park then paying to enter is a turn off.
    You'd have to make admission $2 just to offset the cost of parking before people would consider attending. People already bitch about the rising costs of admission at various shows - tack on parking and... "yikes".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I'm not gonna buy anything. It's just "something to do". But the time at the event should be at least as long as it takes to get there and back (;

Google Maps currently shows me 29 mins to get to MCC.
    You can easily spend a couple hours browsing the show if you check out all the vendors. I*m usually there for 1 1/2-2 hrs.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

You can easily spend a couple hours browsing the show if you check out all the vendors. I*m usually there for 1 1/2-2 hrs.
    I'm a "fast browser". I mean, I'm not gonna buy anything anyway. It doesn't take me long to look through a bunch of shit I've got no interest in buying. Plus, if there is a line or crowd around a table, I just skip that table. I don't have the patience to wait for people to move their asses out of my way (;

(Allegheny County)

I'm a "fast browser". I mean, I'm not gonna buy anything anyway. It doesn't take me long to look through a bunch of shit I've got no interest in buying. Plus, if there is a line or crowd around a table, I just skip that table. I don't have the patience to wait for people to move their asses out of my way (;
    Sounds like gun shows aren*t for you.
    Today was a good day!

(Beaver County)

So after some thought I realize, while this was a failure to launch, I ultimately would like to see a gun show to be successful in the city, if nothing more than to “normalize” firearm ownership in a “blue county”. It being located at a high profile event center might draw in some people that would otherwise not attend.

There some commentary on Facebook about local vendors not knowing about this until last minute. I don’t know if table cost was an issue, but I can’t imagine why at least half the vendors of something like Monroeville wouldn’t have been on board for this. I actually went to a few gun shops after the show and none of the people I talked to seem to know about it(other than other customers who had similar criticisms).

With all that being said, if they can get vendors for the November dates(if that’s even still happening), I’d consider giving this show another shot. I certainly won’t be one of the first 30-ish in line like I was this morning though.

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like gun shows aren*t for you.
    Oh, but they are!! Like I said, it's "something to do". It's why I like going to them.

I don't buy anything because I don't really NEED anything. If I needed something, and they had it, I would consider buying it. But what do I need at this point? I have guns. I have ammo. That about covers it.

I'd probably buy something to eat, but that requires being there for than 15 minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast