Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to help moderate classifieds?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 90.00%
  • No

3 10.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Replies to classified ads are now completely disabled (including your own)

Sorry, I was just poking a bit of fun there

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Replies to classified ads are now completely disabled (including your own)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    The only problem I see with want ads is there are "members" I say this with a grain of salt, that only post in the want or sale section and very rarely contribute to any of the other posts...
    My stance since the beginning on this has always been: So? They don't hurt anything (yet).

My logic is this:

1. Guy wants to sell gun.
    2. Guy comes to PAFOA forum.
    3. Guy likes what he sees and visits regularly (even if only to use classifieds.)
    4. One of those times there is an important legislative alert telling people to call their legislators.
    5. Guy calls legislators.

To me, that's a win. As long as he is not hurting anything, who cares?

The whole goal of this organization is to constantly get gun owners one more step into the process of caring about their rights. The process I see is:

1. Find a source of information
    2. Read that source of information
    3. Understand that information
    4. Care about that information
    5. Act on information
    6. Organize others to act on information

My job is to slowly get everyone to the next step in the process. Classifieds are a great way to accomplish the first two steps. It's a foot in the door.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

The first five on your list is actually how I progressed. I even threw a few bucks into the pot to support this forum. Even though I am a member with few posts, I'd hate to know how many hours I have spent on this forum reading posts almost everywhere but The Lounge . Yet everytime I open the link to this site, it opens the classified forum. Mostly because I am always searching for a deal, but am facinated to learn about firearms that I haven't yet seen. Occassionally a quite different one pops up.

I like the new rules. They seem fair, and provide a means for getting rid of ads which have not been closed. I also agree with previous posts that the "want to buy" ads should have their own home. Wading through multiple requests for AR lowers can be tedious at times.

Keep up the good work.

(Centre County)

Good move dan, seems these decisions will please the masses. Per our discussion in privately I've got multiple hours each day and I'm willing to help sort through the info.

Hat = into ring.

josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

Are you still standing behind the seller not allowed to reply to his on post? If so your going to see more repost based on price drop, pictures, and/or updated info...
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Allegheny County)

Dan, please add to your changes separating out the WTB's and WTS's. I think it will give us WTS's more space on the front page. Not to mention since the WTB's probably won't bother closing, it can make your job easier (when cleaning) to look in one place for all expired WTB's.
    Toujours pręt

(Allegheny County)

That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Dan, please add to your changes separating out the WTB's and WTS's. I think it will give us WTS's more space on the front page. Not to mention since the WTB's probably won't bother closing, it can make your job easier (when cleaning) to look in one place for all expired WTB's.

(Snyder County)

Dan, I like your proposed changes. I think it is a good compromise and will make things a lot easier. And if you are planning on adding mods, even if only for the classified sections, I think that will make life easier on you and your "staff".

Thanks again for being open minded.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok, stuff is re-enabled: Replies to your own classifieds are now re-enabled! *ducks*

I'll move the discussion there.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789