Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: youtube autostart on PAFOA

Although I only use Chrome for 1 or 2 websites that run better with it, I use
    Firefox all the time for everything else. That said I have the most current version
    of Chrome already installed.

I opened Chrome just now and logged in to PAFOA, then went to the last 2 pages
    of the "Song of the Day" and "Video of the Day" threads (set to 20 posts per page).

All of the YouTube videos in both threads were showing the still preview and none of
    the videos would Auto Play on my laptop, it works just like Firefox, waiting for me to
    click the preview link before playing anything.

While in Chrome, I searched through all settings in Chrome, YouTube, and PAFOA.
    I found nothing related to Auto Play.
    Additionally, my Chrome has NONE of the add-ons, plug-ins, or extensions that I
    have running on Firefox. This is really strange.

I KNOW I recently saw a setting for Auto Play and made sure it was turned off, but
    it was probably something I saw on one of my 2 Samsung Android devices, my
    phone and tablet.

I can't imagine what that must be like and hope you get it resolved soon.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: youtube autostart on PAFOA

Thanks guys, I'm just going to turn off the PC sound each time I come here, easy enough with an icon on my status bar. I only have a few extensions and none of them have to do with video or sound. I have searched fairly extensively for an answer, including some windows forums but just can't find an answer that works for me. I do remember an autoplay switch I still think it was on youtube itself, but I don't see it anywhere anymore.

The real dilemma is why did it all of a sudden start auto playing videos here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12