Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA man convicted of drone hunting.

On a related note, when the fuck did an "RC aircraft" become a "drone" anyway?

(Berks County)

PGC just wanted to get a drone worth 10K. Ironic that they say you can't use electronic devices to hunt, and then enter into a contract with OnX maps which is used for hunting on an electronic device.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    My wife calls the fat drunk slut down the street a drone.... whats your point?
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Is Welsh mountain considered a state game lands park?

I searched for Pa state parks and under the list for W, Welsh mountain does not show up.

W
    Warriors Path State Park

Washington Crossing Historic Park - FacebookOpens In A New Window

Whipple Dam State Park

White Clay Creek Preserve

Worlds End State Park

I further searched the map of PA state game lands. Welsh mountain is not on the list.

Hunting Information
    Welsh Mountain is open to Mixed-Use Hunting. Respect property boundaries and safety zones. All Pennsylvania Game Commission Rules and Regulations apply. See *Where to Hunt* for more details.

Report Hunting Violations: PA Game Commission Centralized Dispatch Center at 1-833-PGC-HUNT (1-833-742-4868) or 1-833-PGC-WILD (1-833-742-9453)

*****STATE GAME* LANDS REGULATIONS****** From page 13*****

Operate an unmanned aerial vehicle (drone) of any size, design
    or specification for any purpose whatsoever over lands or waters
    ****designated as state game lands.****

The verbiage maybe picayune, however when you arrest a man for a perceived violation of the law, the law better exist. The way I see it is this, Welsh mountain is not on the list as a state game lands. The violation cited is for state game lands. I see no violation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    read the second part. Again. it describes all ALLOWED electronic devices, and hey lookey there! A DRONE IS NOT LISTED!!
    ELECTRONIC DEVICES
    It is unlawful to hunt with any electronic contrivance or device,
    but the following exceptions apply:
    The exceptions are for game calls, electric lighted pins on a bow, thermal scopes for predator hunting, etc.etc. STILL !! NO DRONE!!
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I don't dispute that drones are not specifically listed. Again, is Welsh mountain part of the state game land parks?

At the top of page 13 it very clearly states STATE GAME LANDS REGULATIONS. If Welsh Mountain is part of the state game lands, then he very well may be guilty.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I don't dispute that drones are not specifically listed. Again, is Welsh mountain part of the state game land parks?

At the top of page 13 it very clearly states STATE GAME LANDS REGULATIONS. If Welsh Mountain is part of the state game lands, then he very well may be guilty.
    Page 16 covers general hunting electronics, drones are no go.....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    My wife calls the fat drunk slut down the street a drone.... whats your point?
    I have no points to make concerning your wife.

(Chester County)

The statutes shown in post #31, particularly 34 Pa CSA 2308, are statewide "hunting statutes" and are not limited to "State Game Lands". He was convicted of violating 2308, inter alia.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

I've had my share of good and bad experiences with Game Wardens. I can name a few bad experiences that I've already posted about on the forum over the years I've been a member here. Some high corruption and incompetence to say the least. I have posted a few good guys and I'll mention one here because they aren't all corrupt just like all police aren't corrupt or incompetent as you tube would have you believe.

I was hunting Doves at SGL 43 one day and wasn't seeing squat that day, Usually you get some over at the one side where it borders with Natural Land Trust. I was mostly out walking the dog so it wasn't a bad day. I was stopped by a newly promoted Game Warden, he was pretty young and asked to see my license and if my gun was plugged. I told him this particular model doesn't use a plug and went about giving him instruction about certain semi autos like my Winchester 1400 are only capable of holding two shells in the mag tube because of the gas piston set up. I unloaded the gun, rechecked for safety and pulled the forearm off and pointed out how systems like that one works. He was very appreciative that I would take the time to help him understand better the different types of semi auto gas systems. I thought to myself I'm not doing anything might as well have a talk with this young Game Warden and have him understand better when dealing with others that might not be as understanding as me.

After I put the gun back together he gave me a place to go where he said the doves are flying in pretty good right about now. So I thanked him and took about a 20 minute drive to another area and got my limit way before sundown. My thoughts about that looking back 25-30 years is that kind of interaction is probably impossible in this day and age when everyone on both sides are always looking to being confrontational. Warden: let me see your license, Hunter: Eff you, what crimes have I committed? You know the rest.
    Last edited by JenniferG; February 26th, 2024 at 09:48 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The media, and everybody but me went along with it.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    The statutes shown in post #31, particularly 34 Pa CSA 2308, are statewide "hunting statutes" and are not limited to "State Game Lands". He was convicted of violating 2308, inter alia.

Fair enough it is still a shit law! I guess game commissioners have no discretion. One would think that recovering the dead animal would be far more important than letting it waste.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast