Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA SUPREME COURT ISSUES POLITICAL, NON-JUDICIAL, DECISION REGARDING THE 2A

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    If they can't take the guns, they'll take our ability to practice with them. Neat.
    I didn't read the article---let me guess "for your safety"?
    Also, I don't care what they rule or what illegal laws they make, I'm not complying because they're not complying.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Default Re: PA SUPREME COURT ISSUES POLITICAL, NON-JUDICIAL, DECISION REGARDING THE 2A

A clearly Political, non judgmental ruling?
    What the hell is that????
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 🚫Pennsylvania’s high court sides with township over its ban of a backyard gun ran

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I think most support zoning laws. For example, my sub-division is zoned residential, preventing my neighbor from buying a 7-11 franchise and setting up shop on his property. Safety reasons notwithstanding, nor would I want him to open an indoor/outdoor gun range.
    He wasn't trying to open a business; he simply wanted to shoot his own guns on his own property, which is comprised of 4.66 acres at the end of a dead end street. Without seeing the property itself, I can't say for certain whether it would be reasonable for him to shoot on his own property, but I think it's 100% unreasonable to just have a blanket ban on doing so.

(Chester County)

Default Re: 🚫Pennsylvania’s high court sides with township over its ban of a backyard gun ran

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    He wasn't trying to open a business; he simply wanted to shoot his own guns on his own property, which is comprised of 4.66 acres at the end of a dead end street. Without seeing the property itself, I can't say for certain whether it would be reasonable for him to shoot on his own property, but I think it's 100% unreasonable to just have a blanket ban on doing so.
    Yes, I understand, fair point. Although, we don't know the zoning for his or neighboring properties. For example, retail or apartments nearby.

What is being lost on everyone is that joe-bob may need some 'guardrails' on where he can shoot his Barrett, model 82A1.

(Bucks County)

Guy needs to get some suppressors and keep shooting.

(Lancaster County)

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Prince makes a nice first amendment comparison, that that court clearly didn't.

Is it just me or do zoning ordinances (especially the scheme Philadelphia has) seem in practice to be often applied in an arbitrary, capricious, and unreasonable manner?

How could a zoning ordinance constitutionally make it illegal to have a gun store at the same location as a legal commercial shooting range? This defies common sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12