Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Organized Deer Hunt

So in the last post in this forum I said something about doing a hike hunt. I was thinking about hiking into the State Forest about 5 miles and doing a camp deer hunt. (kind of ruffing it if you will)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Organized Deer Hunt

Would you drag my deer out?

I took a small racked 10 point (150 lbs dressed)just north of Tionesta about 10 years ago and drug it mostly down hill (along Little Otter Crick) about a mile and a half. I was only 48 and wondered what I was thinking (not when I went back there, but after I pulled the trigger).

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Organized Deer Hunt

no, its pretty much you on your own except when it came to being at the camp. We could help each other dress and quarter out, but you'd be carrying it out yourself. My mindset, I would try to dress it and quarter it and even possibly try to debone as much as possible before I packed out. Really its just an idea for now, but if I can get a few people interested I'd really consider doing it. Besides it would be a little more organized than just walking into a woods and setting up camp. I or a few of us would actually scout out the area find the better camping locations accessible to streams and also plan out the easiest route of travel to the site. Maybe even marking a few hot spots for hunting. I would also go even into setting up the camp about partial as in cutting fire wood and maybe designating areas for *pooping* lol. All the setting up plans in advance. Also this is just a good way of getting people out into the woods and getting some excercise. I myself plan on maybe hiking to the area of designation maybe once every 2wks or on the weekend. Its just an idea and I was wondering who might condsider it? I'm sure I can find *recruits* to do it if no one else does. I know of one person that might want to already. Dont worry though if anyone does want to commit we can work into doing the big hunt. Also throughout the year I plan on doing some ruck Marches throughout the year when I return from Ft. Riley Kansas. Also I am thinking about making this an annual event if it goes well.
    Last edited by crowsnest2002; March 22nd, 2007 at 09:45 AM.