Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: I'm gonna grab your firearm, ok?

My worry is, as an out of state CCW holder in Maryland is that the trooper may or may not know or care about the current laws such as they are and lock me up for their interpretation.

I know Maryland shot down some portions of the law they tried to pass stating you need permission to carry from the owner of the property in, lets say, a super market.
    You would need permission from the market but also the property owner that the market might lease from and every other leasee in the strip mall you plan to visit & on and on.
    That part was struck down.
    Parks, schools are still in.
    Museums are considered places of learning and are the same as a school.
    I don't know the final outcome of that law.

Getting pulled over and detained or arrested and having to leave my work truck, full of all my tools, equipment and materials would be a huge drag.

In addition to all that, I know there were no questions pertaining to what weapon would be associated to/with the out-of-state CCW but does the trooper know that ?
    It is why I asked earlier about the registration of one gun to the CCW.
    God Bless the American Armed Forces, Thank You All.

(Bucks County)

I wonder how long a person on nine prescribed drugs would have to do without while enduring the initial incarcerations.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I wonder how long a person on nine prescribed drugs would have to do without while enduring the initial incarcerations.
    In Philadelphia we have had deadly outcomes because of this. So now you are either allowed to take your meds, if you have them with you, under the supervision of a doctor or nurse or you are taken to a hospital if you don*t have them with you.

The booking procedure is much streamlined also. And under Krasner, the declinations have risen.

But this is Philadelphia.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frizratz View Post
    My worry is, as an out of state CCW holder in Maryland is that the trooper may or may not know or care about the current laws such as they are and lock me up for their interpretation.

I know Maryland shot down some portions of the law they tried to pass stating you need permission to carry from the owner of the property in, lets say, a super market.
    You would need permission from the market but also the property owner that the market might lease from and every other leasee in the strip mall you plan to visit & on and on.
    That part was struck down.
    Parks, schools are still in.
    Museums are considered places of learning and are the same as a school.
    I don't know the final outcome of that law.

Getting pulled over and detained or arrested and having to leave my work truck, full of all my tools, equipment and materials would be a huge drag.

In addition to all that, I know there were no questions pertaining to what weapon would be associated to/with the out-of-state CCW but does the trooper know that ?
    It is why I asked earlier about the registration of one gun to the CCW.
    Haha, Maryland Troopers care about any of your rights, much less understand them? These are the same clowns who stopped traffic and searched every car on I-270 without RAS or probable cause. There's a reason that Wolf's nominee from MD to lead the PSP couldn't get confirmed....
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I have found when travelling in a vehicle that a shoulder holster is the most viable option for both ready to use and comfort purposes. I keep my vehicle and insurance information in a plastic sleeve in the door pocket so if I'm pulled over and it happened last year, I have my paperwork ready for the trooper/officer without fooling around reaching for things. I was pulled over by a female PA State Trooper because she felt that I had cut a guy off when I pulled out to pass a slow moving vehicle on the Rte 30 bypass. Well, I had my turn signal on and in a typical dick move the driver behind me pulled into the passing lane to cut me off first. I got no ticket and I was polite to the female Trooper.

As of today it is known with the inception of the plate readers and the use of driver's licenses as the requirement for identification for obtaining a LTCF a police can ascertain whether you are a licensed firearm carrier if you are driving a vehicle that is registered to you. Maybe some small local departments don't have complete access to that information in rare instances but certainly PA State Troopers do. So the duty to inform is pretty much negated as it was intended by these system designs that are now in place. It's not certain that out of state agencies have all this information available to them with their plate reading systems, I believe they have to purchase a subscription type of service in order to access other state's information for driver and vehicle information and firearm licenses. The net keeps getting tighter and freedom get rarer and rarer with each step forward in information technology.

I watch some of these so called 1st amendment auditor you tube channels and it's a mixed bag. Some guys are out their just there to stir confrontation for views on their channels. I leave comments to those that show someone getting pulled over by police and refuse to give information when it's requested. In my comments I let people know that in PA if an officer requests your information while you are operating a vehicle you must comply because you've already agreed to do so as part of the driver's license agreement you signed when you got your driver's license from the state. It's called "implied consent". I can't speak for other states but I know this to be a fact in PA. I also know you must produce an LTCF if an officer knows or sees you carrying concealed and he requests you produce the license. Some of the 1st amendment auditor videos serve a good purpose setting precedent for enforcing rights of free speech and assembly but others are just plain dickheads looking for confrontation.
    Yepper. I have several friends that are victims of lawfare. One thing in common- They did not understand that John Law can choose to haul you in, even if they have to make up a reason. Usually John doesn't have to.

Summary: On the side of the road, you ain't gonna win. You may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride. It's gonna hurt, financially, time-wise, and possibly physically.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345