Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I'm gonna grab your firearm, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Right you are. They align with PA as of last year...

In light of the updated Ohio concealed carry laws, it's crucial for you to understand your duty to inform law enforcement about your concealed firearm. Under these laws, you're not required to immediately inform law enforcement officers during a stop that you're carrying a concealed weapon. However, if an officer asks if you're armed, Ohio law requires you to truthfully answer.

https://workmanfirearms.com/navigati...aw_Enforcement
    PA law does not, and to be honest, cops would get more honesty out of law-abiding gun owners if some cops didn't routinely grab the gun as soon as they're informed, fumble with it while aimed "wherever", unload it, scurry back to their vehicle to call it in like they just found a severed head, and then seize the gun permanently if the gun isn't "registered" to the person in a state that legally doesn't have registration.

Meanwhile, the people likely to shoot cops aren't going to volunteer that info at all. So cops are only seizing guns from the law-abiding (or stupid). Not doing squat for officer safety.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Right you are. They align with PA as of last year...

In light of the updated Ohio concealed carry laws, it's crucial for you to understand your duty to inform law enforcement about your concealed firearm. Under these laws, you're not required to immediately inform law enforcement officers during a stop that you're carrying a concealed weapon. However, if an officer asks if you're armed, Ohio law requires you to truthfully answer.

https://workmanfirearms.com/navigati...aw_Enforcement
    I don't see how this is even constitutional since you have a right to not answer ANY questions when stopped.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I don't see how this is even constitutional since you have a right to not answer ANY questions when stopped.
    Well...c'mon man, the law doesn't apply to criminals, only honest folks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I*ve stopped many a permit holder when on patrol over the years. Most offered up their permit along with their drivers license, before even asking for it. If established that they were carrying or it was in the vehicle they were instructed to LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS and DONT TOUCH IT. I don*t need to see it much less handle it, unless there are other circumstances other than the traffic infraction you were stopped for.

The less the firearm is handled the better, you get it? That said, at least in my world, you most likely got a warning, like minds think alike, although it wasn*t always the case. Some got the summons.

Two things:

1.) This is why you don't use those stupid car holsters and keep your gun on you concealed

2.) The only thing the cop said that was smart is to keep one in the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Two things:

1.) This is why you don't use those stupid car holsters and keep your gun on you concealed

2.) The only thing the cop said that was smart is to keep one in the chamber
    When a fool with whom you disagree about everything says 1 thing with which you agree, maybe you should reconsider that 1 thing the fool said.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Too common. The innocent don't have damages for which to sue, the guilty get the evidence suppressed.

There's hard case law, some cops were in a criminal's house for some limited purpose, they saw a high-end stereo, and based on knowing the guy, they "suspected" that it might be stolen. So they pulled the stereo out far enough to see & record the serial number on the back. When they ran it later, it was in fact stolen, but the search was unlawful (just like removing a gun from the holster so they could see the SN). Thug goes free, but didn't get the stolen stereo back.

There's no exception in the 4th Amdt to always search guns. Not to run the serial number, not to send them to Harrisburg for ballistic testing. There's no 4th Amdt exception that allows "see a gun/seize the gun". It's why the "lawful demand" clause for when you have to show a PA cop your LTCF is inherently ambiguous, because it seems likely they can't just make demands for citizens to prove that they are NOT breaking the law, in the absence of any evidence that they are breaking the law.

Those cops are morons in uniforms, making up laws as they go. I bet it works most of the time. Most of the people getting into the cattle cars for the death camps were also cooperative, under duress.

I'd like to see presumptive damages over bullying like this. That wacky bitch who accused Trump of raping her 30 years ago in a busy department store, got over $80 in damages & punitives because he said "I didn't do it" in public. I think police departments should have to shell out maybe $10K per incident when the entire incident is initiated & escalated by their officers (keeping in mind that some entrepreneurs would try to entrap cops into doing so, with pimped-out Glocks and "gangsta warlord" T-shirts and whatever). Departments would roll back this crap once it started taking chunks of their budgets.

TBH, at the same time I sort of liked the stop & frisk policies in NYC back in the 1990's, where cops would frisk known teen thugs and just keep whatever contraband they found. It worked, the thug population started losing too many of their stolen guns so they stopped routinely carrying them, shootings dropped a huge amount. A 16 year old is NEVER in lawful possession of a handgun on the streets of NYC, so they got their probable cause in there somewhere. Sure, it was after the search started, but still.
    I think it should come from their personal account, taxpayers shouldn't pay for this overeach.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Two things:

On long car rides, I'll put my gun in the center console between the front seats. If I ever need my gun while in the car, have you tried to see how long it takes to get unholstered? Take off your seat belt, lift your hsirt, suck in your gut enough to pull it out. And that's if you have it at 2-3 oclock, if you have it at 4-5, it's really tricky.
    iAnal

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    On long car rides, I'll put my gun in the center console between the front seats. If I ever need my gun while in the car, have you tried to see how long it takes to get unholstered? Take off your seat belt, lift your hsirt, suck in your gut enough to pull it out. And that's if you have it at 2-3 oclock, if you have it at 4-5, it's really tricky.
    I agree, it's a little awkward compared to just having it sit in the center console. I carry AIWB and prefer to keep it on me unless I'm going somewhere where I know I can't enter with a firearm on me.

I guess I might reconsider depending on the location I'm in, IE - If I was in an inner city I'd agree that it would be much smarter to have in the center console.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I carry my 1911 IWB at 3:30. When buckled into my driver's seat, the lap belt is on my hips and the shoulder belt crosses my trouser belt forward of the gun. I can comfortably draw and re-holster while strapped in. I know this is not usual.

Back when there was a Mrs.K, we(she mostly) drove the Blue Ridge to see the leaves. I carried in my Miami Classic II on that trip. Quite comfortable.

In any case - *always* on-body.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast