Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Oaks Feb 9 1PM-7PM, Feb 10 9AM-5PM, Feb 11 9AM-4PM

Eagle Arms Oaks Gun Show:
    $15 admission, Free Parking
    1500 Tables (according to Eagle Arms Website)
    Greater Philadelphia Expo Center – Oaks,
    100 Station Avenue
    Oaks, PA 19456 United States

Fri Feb 9, 1PM - 7PM; Sat Feb 10, 9AM - 5PM, Sun Feb 11, 9AM - 4PM
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Oaks Feb 9 1PM-7PM, Feb 10 9AM-5PM, Feb 11 9AM-4PM

I didn't even realize this was coming up next weekend. Im surprised there's no chatter here so far. I'll have to make sure I've got nothing else going on before I decide to go. $30 is steep for two people but I'm always looking out for Milsurps at fair prices. Prices are often disappointing but I did do ok at the last one.

(Chester County)

It was suggested that I go this weekend by some guys on Reddit. I'm looking to sell a Ruger .357 New Model Blackhawk. I was told to wear a sign saying what I had for sale. Does that sound right? Should I list price as well?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarM View Post
    It was suggested that I go this weekend by some guys on Reddit. I'm looking to sell a Ruger .357 New Model Blackhawk. I was told to wear a sign saying what I had for sale. Does that sound right? Should I list price as well?
    I don't recall seeing a pistol for sale walking around the show. Usually it's a rifle with a flag in the barrel with a description and a price. Make sure you go through an FFL with that trade and you might have trouble getting one at that show to run it for you. There have been issues with rejections and delays that make it difficult for them and they might not want to get tied up in it for a gun that they aren't selling. If I was selling anything, I'd try it through the classifieds here before going anywhere else.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I was going to do that, but since I'm newly signed up here I figured I'd wait for folks to get to know me before trying to do business here.

(Delaware County)

Another gun show...some more ammo cans to pick up. Looks like Sunday for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't recall seeing a pistol for sale walking around the show. Usually it's a rifle with a flag in the barrel with a description and a price. Make sure you go through an FFL with that trade and you might have trouble getting one at that show to run it for you. There have been issues with rejections and delays that make it difficult for them and they might not want to get tied up in it for a gun that they aren't selling. If I was selling anything, I'd try it through the classifieds here before going anywhere else.
    Last show was the first time I noticed that there were some folks walking around with signs selling pistols. I think there is also a separate table that does only background checks/transfers.

(Luzerne County)

Yes, there were dealers who processed private sale transfers $10.00-25.00 appeared to be the prevailing rate.

Be wary of the 1 or 2 who want a $50.00 deposit to do a transfer ... shop around!

(York County)

If selling your pistol, transfer through a PA dealer or sell directly to a dealer. You will need to have your drivers license with you regardless of which route you take.

No dealer takes a $50 deposit to do a transfer. Beware of the liars that say they do. That being said, yes a dealer will charge to do a transfer because it isn*t free. That is usually paid for by the buyer. Steer clear of buyers who are mentally unstable enough to claim dealers take a $50 deposit to do a transfer.

Seller beware that if the buyer fails the background check then you will have to have your handgun transferred back to you. If your potential buyer goes into research, then the pistol has to stay with the dealer until there is a determination, and you will have to figure out how you want to deal with that. Lots of risk involved with selling handguns in/at this show. It*s just the way it is now unfortunately.

Some dealers may charge $25 (never heard of a dealer charging $10 to do a transfer) but those are the guys that have yet to be screwed by the process. Also, smarter dealers will charge two different rates*one for a pass/proceeed, and a much higher rate for a denial. Both of which you may or may not pay depending upon how you work out the deal with a non licensed individual.

(Chester County)

This is why I posted this here. Great info. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast