Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Oaks Feb 9 1PM-7PM, Feb 10 9AM-5PM, Feb 11 9AM-4PM

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    what's a case of 223 going for at shows now? let's say wolf gold vs wolf steel cased? lower end/ training stuff
    I'm thinking that I saw some stuff at $.50/round but don't hold me to it. I didn't see any that I considered cheap.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I snagged a used 9-shot Mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights for $450 so I was happy. I was looking only at Mossberg shotguns while there so I cannot comment on much of anything else. Regarding those, I saw some fair prices and some crazy prices. I did notice 5.56 ammo prices seemed high. I did not see ScottsGuard either. There were actually quite a few vendors missing that were normally there. Prices aside, I thought they did have good firearm selection overall. This was my kid*s first gun show. She enjoyed walking down the wide aisles (while supervised, of course) when it was not busy.
    Last edited by philadelphia patriot; February 9th, 2024 at 11:03 PM.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

Is Dillon reloading there. I want to talk to them about .32 dies.

(Bucks County)

Dillon doesn't come to these shows. Contact them at their web site.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    If selling your pistol, transfer through a PA dealer or sell directly to a dealer. You will need to have your drivers license with you regardless of which route you take.

No dealer takes a $50 deposit to do a transfer. Beware of the liars that say they do. That being said, yes a dealer will charge to do a transfer because it isn*t free. That is usually paid for by the buyer. Steer clear of buyers who are mentally unstable enough to claim dealers take a $50 deposit to do a transfer.

Seller beware that if the buyer fails the background check then you will have to have your handgun transferred back to you. If your potential buyer goes into research, then the pistol has to stay with the dealer until there is a determination, and you will have to figure out how you want to deal with that. Lots of risk involved with selling handguns in/at this show. It*s just the way it is now unfortunately.

Some dealers may charge $25 (never heard of a dealer charging $10 to do a transfer) but those are the guys that have yet to be screwed by the process. Also, smarter dealers will charge two different rates*one for a pass/proceeed, and a much higher rate for a denial. Both of which you may or may not pay depending upon how you work out the deal with a non licensed individual.
    Wow! Who would ever get himself involved in that kind of transaction? What happens when the show closes and the matter isn't resolved yet? The dealer keeps the gun and you have to chase after them in New York State somewhere? I have sold two handguns at the show, both to dealers with zero hassles. Take the brand new price and ask for half. It'll sell.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I snagged a used 9-shot Mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights for $450 so I was happy. I was looking only at Mossberg shotguns while there so I cannot comment on much of anything else. Regarding those, I saw some fair prices and some crazy prices. I did notice 5.56 ammo prices seemed high. I did not see ScottsGuard either. There were actually quite a few vendors missing that were normally there. Prices aside, I thought they did have good firearm selection overall. This was my kid*s first gun show. She enjoyed walking down the wide aisles (while supervised, of course) when it was not busy.
    There is a show near Pittsburgh this week

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Wow! Who would ever get himself involved in that kind of transaction? What happens when the show closes and the matter isn't resolved yet? The dealer keeps the gun and you have to chase after them in New York State somewhere? I have sold two handguns at the show, both to dealers with zero hassles. Take the brand new price and ask for half. It'll sell.
    Yeah this si why dealers either dont do transfers at the show, or they charge so much for them. Most of the time they resolve smoothly, but some times it*s a headache and not worth the time or effort.

(Chester County)

Ive been looking to blow some money on exotic BDUs .... are there still camo/BDU/Milserp clothing vendors at shows ?
    Probably 10 years since ive been to Oaks and they were scarce than.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    If the buyer and the seller agree on the deal, it's a good deal.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by clodzilla View Post
    Ive been looking to blow some money on exotic BDUs .... are there still camo/BDU/Milserp clothing vendors at shows ?
    Probably 10 years since ive been to Oaks and they were scarce than.
    I don't know about this show, as I haven't been there yet...but there are always a few vendors selling exotic BDU's...flecktarn and some other multicam variaties come to mind. There are also some great online shops for these...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast