Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMMO STOCK !

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AMMO STOCK !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Over the winter I had the opportunity to slowly purchase 556/223 ,9mm,22lr some 380.Doubt I will burn it all up in 3 years.
    Good job. Now shoot it up.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I can load 9mm for about 170-180 per thousand and I also buy factory 9mm for 230-240 thousand, I also reload for some rifle calibers for much cheaper than I can buy factory ammo for it. I been setup for a while as far as brass, powder and primers go. The price I said is if I have to buy components at today*s prices. I still have a bunch or pre madness primers and powder so I*m actually still reloading 9mm for about 140-150 per thousand.
    I still have oboma era primers. All I need are bullets. Still have a little bit of powder left.
    With today's prices for primers and powder, not worth it unless I get REAL bored.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I still have oboma era primers. All I need are bullets. Still have a little bit of powder left.
    With today's prices for primers and powder, not worth it unless I get REAL bored.
    Idk, I still find it cost effective even today, not as much as it was but still cheaper than fact.
    Today was a good day!

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I have purchased less in the last few years, but bought quite a bit incrementally in multiple calibers the 10 or so years prior. After the 2009 ammo "scare" where trying to find 380 was quite the challenge, I tried to plan ahead better. I bought a bunch of 40mm ammo cans a few years back and I'm glad I did. They're heavy when they're full!

(Chester County)

I have 2 boxes of birdshot for Ol' Betsy and a box and a half for my deer gun. What else could a body need?

Oh, and I think I might have a half box of bullets for my squirrel rifle around here somewhere.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I can load 9mm for about 170-180 per thousand and I also buy factory 9mm for 230-240 thousand, I also reload for some rifle calibers for much cheaper than I can buy factory ammo for it. I been setup for a while as far as brass, powder and primers go. The price I said is if I have to buy components at today*s prices. I still have a bunch or pre madness primers and powder so I*m actually still reloading 9mm for about 140-150 per thousand.
    I bought plenty of Hornady and Speer bullets on sale and with rebates for about 6 cents each. Plus with old stocks of primers and powder like Titegroup, I'm still at around 10 cents a round.

I can guarantee if there is another glut on the market with cheap prices, I will be buying big again.

I see a lot of folks say they don't reload 9mm because it's not worth reloading for. Folks gotta understand you reload when cheap so that when the next panic happens and 9mm is nonexistent or $50 a box, you have no worries. I had no worries during Covid to now at all.

If anyone is interested, I have about 5k or so of .50cal API unsized for sale.
    FJB

(Elk County)

Last evening I finished loading every steel 7.62 AK mag I own, 70 30rd and 15 20rd, all surplus (the 12 orange Soviet and Chinese AG4 30rds are empty and just for lookin' at). All the steel mags are now full to the top, and there are still 9,000+ rounds of 7.62x39 in factory boxes in ammo cans.

That's just the 7.62x39. I'm the Cruzans of ammo, except that I bought it between 1984 and ~2017.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; January 26th, 2024 at 09:57 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I bought plenty of Hornady and Speer bullets on sale and with rebates for about 6 cents each. Plus with old stocks of primers and powder like Titegroup, I'm still at around 10 cents a round.

I can guarantee if there is another glut on the market with cheap prices, I will be buying big again.

I see a lot of folks say they don't reload 9mm because it's not worth reloading for. Folks gotta understand you reload when cheap so that when the next panic happens and 9mm is nonexistent or $50 a box, you have no worries. I had no worries during Covid to now at all.
    I am in the same situation and still have a good supply of cheap primers and powder. And since I cast my own lead bullets I could always shoot for cheap. But I am not going to waste a precious SP primer on reloading a 9mm. If I do run out of 9mm I will start shooting my other pistols in different calibers that have been neglected.

(Allegheny County)

When did Walmart stop selling ammo? (the evil stuff)
    Pretty sure I haven't bought ammo since then.

And I'm not bragging that I have some huge stockpile - I have the same piddly amount on hand as I did back then.
    Less actually. Not really sure where I can buy ammo by the box now that doesn't require Vaseline, so I just haven't been buying any.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast