Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Anyone have a 302 commitment (no 303 commitment) that can't possess a firearm

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    I'm more familiar with the New Jersey system than the Pennsylvania one, but I know both require some pretty significant incidents to occur to have a child removed from a home. Slipping grades, disagreements at work, and typical family drama as you stated, does not appear to rise to the level of child removal, unless there are some more significant details you have not yet mentioned. I'm just trying to understand how this led to a psychiatric hospitalization, other than the suicide threat, or what sounded like a suicide threat, that you mentioned earlier.
    I was always in the system so I was always with cys. Like I had a case worker and an open file with the county even though I was adopted IDK the logistics of it specifically I guess a parent can voluntarily remove the child from the home and put them in foster care as apposed to be removed by cys themselves. The threat was something she alleged I never told the hospital I did that they had 0 evidence but the actual report for the 302 was the financial reason the report for the 201 was what I mentioned earlier which are sperate things. But I agree I'm wondering too how that can lead to a hospitalization which is exactly why I'm filing the injunction. The whole 201 parent consent thing should disappear from the law cause it's a broken law so is the 302. It might even complicate things more cause if your a ward of the state then the state failed to do their jobs . But what matters to the federal court is the constitutionality of parent consent to voluntary treatment which has been found in the past to be unconstitutional so I'm hoping they agree again with me.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Anyone have a 302 commitment (no 303 commitment) that can't possess a firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Good choice. And best of luck.
    Thank you

(Chester County)

Josh Prince has the resources to fight the bureaucracy and knows the system. If there is a way to get this resolved for you Josh Prince was the best choice. This type of case is right in his wheel house. Good luck.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Josh Prince has the resources to fight the bureaucracy and knows the system. If there is a way to get this resolved for you Josh Prince was the best choice. This type of case is right in his wheel house. Good luck.
    Thank you I've heard his firm does a wonderful job though I wish he was cheaper I'll save money to fight my constitutional rights hopefully I prevail with him

(Delaware County)

Given Bruen and the *76 case you cited may be better. 1791 there was no involuntary commitment.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Given Bruen and the *76 case you cited may be better. 1791 there was no involuntary commitment.
    what do you mean? Sorry if I misunderstood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123