Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Cleaning 22 suppressors

I just ordered the ballistol cleaner

(Washington County)

Breakthrough donated 300 16oz bottles of their suppressor cleaner to an event I help run for attendee giveaways. I haven't heard any feedback on it yet. Hoping to try my bottle soon. Props to them for being a badass company and making that donation.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Breakthrough donated 300 16oz bottles of their suppressor cleaner to an event I help run for attendee giveaways. I haven't heard any feedback on it yet. Hoping to try my bottle soon. Props to them for being a badass company and making that donation.
    Worked great on my warlock 22 can with aluminum baffles, pretty impressed.
    Today was a good day!

Got the ballistol suppressor cleaner today and the baffles are soaking right now. I was curious if this was just a bottle of regular ballistol but it is not at all. It smells like orange and is acid free and as soon as I put the baffles in a glass jar with the ballistol cleaner I swirled it around for 5 seconds just to cover all the baffles and the cleaner was already very dirty and I can see the cleaner working via small peroxide looking bubbles. It states 2-4 hours so we will see I shot a box of 525 rounds of Remington bulk 22 which is pretty dirty stuff so I’ll report back later on.

Ok so trying not to hype this up but this is a phenomenal cleaner!!!!!!! At approx 1 he 45 min I took all the baffles out to check and made sure to get a good eye on the blast baffle. These are all spotless!!! I was able to wipe off the crud that had turned to a sludgy goo and any baked on lead I was able to scrape with a plastic Tipton pick from Amazon and all the lead to comes right off. I am very very impressed considering I*ve had issues cleaning this suppressor for 3 years. This is the best product out there as of now. I was going to try the boretech stuff too but I*m not even bothering this is that good. You can clean any can with it they even supply you with plugs for cans that don*t come apart

Also just talked to silencerco and ballistol and they both stated it is safe on the finish. It*s available at the booth at the sportsman*s show right now or the website and they also said they are going to be relabeling it cause it can be used in gun bores and AR bolts or anything similar.
    Ok commercial off
    Last edited by *Klutch*; February 6th, 2024 at 05:31 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Ok so trying not to hype this up but this is a phenomenal cleaner!!!!!!! At approx 1 he 45 min I took all the baffles out to check and made sure to get a good eye on the blast baffle. These are all spotless!!! I was able to wipe off the crud that had turned to a sludgy goo and any baked on lead I was able to scrape with a plastic Tipton pick from Amazon and all the lead to comes right off. I am very very impressed considering I*ve had issues cleaning this suppressor for 3 years. This is the best product out there as of now. I was going to try the boretech stuff too but I*m not even bothering this is that good. You can clean any can with it they even supply you with plugs for cans that don*t come apart

Also just talked to silencerco and ballistol and they both stated it is safe on the finish. It*s available at the booth at the sportsman*s show right now or the website and they also said they are going to be relabeling it cause it can be used in gun bores and AR bolts or anything similar.
    Ok commercial off
    Sounds promising!

How many cleanings with the contents? Don’t mean by volume per bottle, but number of times you can reuse the solution? Once and done, or able to run multiple suppressors/parts back to back? With CLR heated in the Ultrasonic I can use it multiple times (3-4 at least) before it’s less effective.

Per being safe on finish…we talking cerakoted outer tubes and end caps safe?

The guy from ballistol Troy I think said it*s all up to you with how many times but once it gets very black and can*t see through you should change it. 22 cans with approx 500 rounds is once and done but I*m keeping it and trying it a Second time after the next brick of Remington golden.
    I used about 1/4 of a bottle so about 4oz and had the baffles in a small jar from hot dog relish and that 1/4 bottle covered all the baffles and both end caps
    I soaked both my end caps in it for about 1.5 hours and no issues I can see. Ballistol did say that if the can is real dirty you can heat the solution up to about 100 degrees but I didn*t do that. I. Still have a fresh bottle of clr ready as backup but I don*t see it being used other than cleaning the bathroom.

This is definitely a product that can be used several times before disposal. I used it again after 300 rounds suppresses and it did just as good as the first time

(Westmoreland County)

Awesome, thanks for the updates. Gonna order some to try out.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by guncollector View Post
    I have not done this but I have heard that putting the baffles in a tumbler cleans the lead off really well but I have sonic cleaner not tumbler so can't confirm it.
    Yeah, I toss the baffles in with a batch of brass when wet tumbling. Works great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123