Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Army/Navy in Whitehall

I just applied to work the gun counter at Army/Navy in Whitehall. The one guy I talked to seemed rather impressed with my knowledge of firearms. Though kinda disappointed with my lack of knowledge on hunting regs and reloading. From what he said there is a guy working there that's not cutting it and they are getting insanely busy right now. He said he'd put in a good word with the manager for me. Wish me luck on getting the job and Ill make sure customer service there improves. Especially when a PAFOA member makes the trip in.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Army/Navy in Whitehall

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    I just applied to work the gun counter at Army/Navy in Whitehall. The one guy I talked to seemed rather impressed with my knowledge of firearms. Though kinda disappointed with my lack of knowledge on hunting regs and reloading. From what he said there is a guy working there that's not cutting it and they are getting insanely busy right now. He said he'd put in a good word with the manager for me. Wish me luck on getting the job and Ill make sure customer service there improves. Especially when a PAFOA member makes the trip in.
    Good luck. Is this the one on Grape street?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Northampton County)

Yes it is.

If they do hire you, I will be glad to come and visit, otherwise, I will take my business elsewhere.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    If they do hire you, I will be glad to come and visit, otherwise, I will take my business elsewhere.
    Im going to hold you to that if they hire me

(Lehigh County)

Same here, if they do hire you and their customer service is improve, I'll be glad to drop by and see what they have in there, otherwise, American Shooting Sport is stills my first to go gun store.

Army/Navy = 5min drive.
    American S. S. = 45min drive.

(Lehigh County)

I wish you good luck in your job search. If you are successful at Army and Navy, I think changing the impression most have of their customer service may take decades. I went back only once after swearing I'd never set foot in the place again, only to remember what made me angry in the first place. I have never seen a more anti-customer place.

(Northampton County)

Thats because most employees worry about whats best for the company. I dont. I worry about what I can do for the customer first. Company second. Its why I had so many customers at Blockbuster refuse to come in if I wasnt working. I didnt give things away or anything like that. I just did what I could for the customer and worried about getting yelled at later.

(Luzerne County)

Thats because most employees worry about whats best for the company. I dont. I worry about what I can do for the customer first. Company second. Its why I had so many customers at Blockbuster refuse to come in if I wasnt working. I didnt give things away or anything like that. I just did what I could for the customer and worried about getting yelled at later.

Bravo. You know how to treat people. And this is why I could not work in retail. The last time I worked in a retail outlet was back in the early 80's, a gun shop called Maletown, in White Plains NY. I too spent more time with a customer than most stores did. I treated them like I wanted to be treated, and I had more customers coming in only wanting to deal with me, not even the owner. Alot of people used to come in just for info. because there was a big retail sports store (can't remember their name) down the street and they did not have knowlegeble employees. But I did not care i only wanted to make sure they got the right info. Hated to have another store sell them something they ended up hating and then they tend to blame all gun store employees. Anyway good luck and hope you get the job.

(Lehigh County)

You got the right attitute there Warpt, when you show your respect to your customers, you are not only do what best for your customers, you are also do what best for your company, the only thing is does your company see it?.

This may sound like crazy but what if you show this thread to Army/Navy's manager/Owner and ask them read thru some other Army/Navy's related threads, you may have a chance of getting hired (or may be not).

Best wish to you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast