Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Rochester PA/Beaver FFL for a Pistol Transfer?

Hi, looking for recommendations on a good place to transfer a pistol. I know John Brown’s Armory is in Rochester, but not sure if they are the only option in that area. Looking for transfer cost if known, or point me to your suggested FFL dealer and I will call or research the info. Thanks!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Rochester PA/Beaver FFL for a Pistol Transfer?

Island Firearms on Neville Island was always the best (and cheapest) option in this area. It*s been a year (or 2) since I*ve done a transfer but I want to say it was about $20.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Island Firearms on Neville Island was always the best (and cheapest) option in this area. It*s been a year (or 2) since I*ve done a transfer but I want to say it was about $20.
    I'll second this. As of a couple months ago, it is now $26.75 including tax.

A solid FFL to use. Highly recommend.

Good people.

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks guys for the input. I have used Island myself on several occasions, both picking up firearms from gun bash tickets and transferring to a buddy who lives in Kennedy. Neville Island is reasonably close to Rochester, I was just wondering if there was somewhere just as good out that way. Island will work, though. Anyone use National Armory on Brodhead for transfers?

(Allegheny County)

Master Ammo Co. right in Rochester. $30 and they have actual business hours so you can just pop in whenever.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. I have used Island myself on several occasions, both picking up firearms from gun bash tickets and transferring to a buddy who lives in Kennedy. Neville Island is reasonably close to Rochester, I was just wondering if there was somewhere just as good out that way. Island will work, though. Anyone use National Armory on Brodhead for transfers?
    The firearm purchase process at National Armory is time consuming and more involved that it needs to be. Once you select a firearm for purchase, you complete a paper form with name. address, DL number, DOB, and etc, and hand it to the desk person. They assign it a transaction number, and you are then directed to one of three keyboard/monitor setups to fill in your own 3rd-party online 4473. . If purchasing a handgun, the SP4-113 ROS form is electronically generated and you are asked the four questions by the desk person. You sign, and that 4473 (and SP4-113) info is transmitted to E-PICS by the desk person. Once approved, you electronically sign a second time, documents are printed, and the invoice is prepared and a total $ amount provided. You pay, and receive the firearm and documents.

All that said, I can complete a paper 4473 faster than their online 4473 system. I purchased a handgun there in late November when they weren't busy; I was the only one completing forms and from "I'll take it" to walking out the door was 50 mins. At any of my regular FFLs, it's 15-20 mins for a long gun, and add another 5 mins for a handgun. If it's E-PICS on line, my approvals take between 30 and 45 seconds. Call-ins take about 7 mins.

So if you're doing a transfer and they are busy as if on a Saturday, be prepared for a wait. I do not know what their transfer fee is.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.