Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Ban on guns in post offices is unconstitutional, US judge rules

The original Heller V. D.C. ended the prohibition on carrying a gun into Federal facilities. One day that case might see the light of day again.

By Nate Raymond

(Reuters) - A federal judge in Florida on Friday ruled that a U.S. law that bars people from possessing firearms in post offices is unconstitutional, citing a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling from 2022 that expanded gun rights.

U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle, an appointee of Republican former President Donald Trump in Tampa, reached that conclusion in dismissing part of an indictment charging a postal worker with illegally possessing a gun in a federal facility.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ba...3fd4759e&ei=27

(Bradford County)

Default Re: Ban on guns in post offices is unconstitutional, US judge rules

Whoa, that's kind of big. Interesting to see where this goes.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Who disarms when going into a post office to begin with?
    FJB

(Montgomery County)

Guess I was a criminal I never even thought about it went in the po did what I had to do and never gave it another thought, Of course thats my usual mode of operation just about anywhere I go

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Guess I was a criminal I never even thought about it went in the po did what I had to do and never gave it another thought, Of course thats my usual mode of operation just about anywhere I go
    Unfortunately being an unaware good guy does not make everything you do lawful in the eyes of the law. Just having a gun in your car on PO property could land you in jail. https://about.usps.com/posters/pos158.pdf

It would suck to need your gun on PO property, use it, save your life then face charges for violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 930.

Better to be judge by 12 than buried by 6. But it can still severely fuck up your life if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Who disarms when going into a post office to begin with?
    Unless I am forgetting something, it*s been decades since I have been in a post office. Probably not since i was a kid getting stamps with my parents in the 1970*s.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    The original Heller V. D.C. ended the prohibition on carrying a gun into Federal facilities. One day that case might see the light of day again.

You mention the Heller case but I believe you are thinking of New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, in 2022.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post

I remember after Bruen happened a lot of people on various on line boards saying things along the lines of so what, it*s not going to matter. Cases like the one you posted and dozens of others over the last year show that it does matter. It*s impacting the way states do things and causing them to jump through hoops trying to find ways around it. It*s also further exposing leaders who truly have no problem in the dictatorship model of leadership as they continually try to defy the rulings by coming up wiht rules that ignore or drastically misinterpret Bruen.

It*s making a difference the way the 2nd makes a difference. There are continual assaults on the 2nd, but without it we would have become Australia as far as gun rights go years ago. Bruen is a further blockade to keeping America from becoming Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Unless I am forgetting something, it*s been decades since I have been in a post office. Probably not since i was a kid getting stamps with my parents in the 1970*s.
    The only time I go is to ship something which is a few times a year.
    FJB

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    You mention the Heller case but I believe you are thinking of New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, in 2022.
    No, I'm talking about Teddy Roosevelt's friend and fellow Rough Rider Edmund Heller who defied a D.C. gun ban and got caught carrying in the Smithsonian Institute. Teddy talked him into taking the job at the Smithsonian so he could get caught and take it to court. In the early 20th century SCOTUS ruled that "citizens have the right to carry everywhere they go, even in federal buildings like the Smithsonian".

The latest Heller V. D.C. was a Deep State sham to cover up the original. A capital police officer sues so that you can possess firearms in your own home, and everyone cheers it as a win. The NRA knew about the original but never used it to win any cases. They sat on their hands when the .gov wanted to cover it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast