Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Ban on guns in post offices is unconstitutional, US judge rules

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    No, I'm talking about Teddy Roosevelt's friend and fellow Rough Rider Edmund Heller who defied a D.C. gun ban and got caught carrying in the Smithsonian Institute. Teddy talked him into taking the job at the Smithsonian so he could get caught and take it to court. In the early 20th century SCOTUS ruled that "citizens have the right to carry everywhere they go, even in federal buildings like the Smithsonian".

The latest Heller V. D.C. was a Deep State sham to cover up the original. A capital police officer sues so that you can possess firearms in your own home, and everyone cheers it as a win. The NRA knew about the original but never used it to win any cases. They sat on their hands when the .gov wanted to cover it up.
    Interesting. Do you have a source for the earlier case? I'm not aware of it and (duh) can't
    find anything on it. As if google even would.
    Oh, and don't get me started on the NRA.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Interesting. Do you have a source for the earlier case? I'm not aware of it and (duh) can't
    find anything on it. As if google even would.
    Oh, and don't get me started on the NRA.
    It was buried by the deep state. When I first brought it up on the forum years ago, I found it in the table of contents in a book I found on the Haithi Trust. I don't remember the name of the book, but I do remember that it was printed in the 1920's. When I went to the page that the case was supposed to be on it was replaced with the modern Heller V. D.C.. I was about to post a link to the book on the forum when my computer crashed. When I went looking again the book was gone.

I only remember Edmund Heller because of the SCOTUS case that was named after him. I researched all of our rights to death back when the internet was pure. Back when you could look up facts and not have search results full of opinions.

(Lycoming County)

No, I'm talking about Teddy Roosevelt's friend and fellow Rough Rider Edmund Heller who defied a D.C. gun ban and got caught carrying in the Smithsonian Institute. Teddy talked him into taking the job at the Smithsonian so he could get caught and take it to court. In the early 20th century SCOTUS ruled that "citizens have the right to carry everywhere they go, even in federal buildings like the Smithsonian".

The latest Heller V. D.C. was a Deep State sham to cover up the original. A capital police officer sues so that you can possess firearms in your own home, and everyone cheers it as a win. The NRA knew about the original but never used it to win any cases. They sat on their hands when the .gov wanted to cover it up.
    Do you have any links to that case? I can't really find anything on any cases with him. In any event, he died before Miller in 1939, so that probably is why it wouldn't be cited.

I don't think he was a rough rider either. His bio says he was in college during the Spanish American War. He was friends with Teddy and accompanied him to Africa in the teens.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Unless I am forgetting something, it*s been decades since I have been in a post office. Probably not since i was a kid getting stamps with my parents in the 1970*s.
    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The only time I go is to ship something which is a few times a year.
    Passport photo and related processing for me.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Do you have any links to that case? I can't really find anything on any cases with him. In any event, he died before Miller in 1939, so that probably is why it wouldn't be cited.

I don't think he was a rough rider either. His bio says he was in college during the Spanish American War. He was friends with Teddy and accompanied him to Africa in the teens.
    If I had links, I would have provided them. This information was intentionally buried after 2002. I don't know why I would associate him with the Rough Riders if he wasn't one.

(Bucks County)

If I had links, I would have provided them. This information was intentionally buried after 2002. I don't know why I would associate him with the Rough Riders if he wasn't one.
    It's the Mandela Effect.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Since all gun laws are unconstitutional. This is a good baby step
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Who disarms when going into a post office to begin with?
    Anyone who doesn't want to go to prison. It's a stupid law and I hate it, but I follow it

When I lived in a small town in Vermont, me and the Postmaster who was also an avid shooter were good friends. I can't tell you how many times I brought a new firearms purchase into the Post Office to show him and let him drool for a bit. He would open the back door for me and in I would go right on into the inner sanctum. Truth be told, this also was a one man run Post Office, so he had a lot of leeway here.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Wayne County)

What about school grounds? Wouldnt this ruling strike that federal gun restriction down as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast