Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Web CLASSIFIED problem or a hack?

I have found many new postings in the Classified section do not open. Instead I get a "502 Bad Gateway" message.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Web CLASSIFIED problem or a hack?

Quote Originally Posted by DocFox View Post
    I have found many new postings in the Classified section do not open. Instead I get a "502 Bad Gateway" message.
    Log off, log back on, it clears your cache and temporarily solves that problem. Now that you mention it though, I haven't had that problem for quite a while. That should jinx me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Jefferson County)

It isn't just certain ads. The entire site has that error, and much if it is caused by long threads with lots of pictures. If someone, anyone, clicks on one of those thread - it fucks up everything trying to tie pictures with posts. ...which is why I've been creating "Part II" threads of the long standing threads and closing the old thread(allowing them to die and be forgotten).

Example: You want to see an ad or any new thread, but Joe Schmo clicks to load one of the fucked up thread - it craps out the server and database, so everyone starts seeing those 50* errors.

Some of that error is from old cache in your PC, trying to load where it thinks the threads and pictures are. Clearing your cache sometimes helps log new info.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

And how much would it cost to upgrade to a current version of forum software? Heck, I'd contribute $100 toward getting something like on the AKFiles and HKPro.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And how much would it cost to upgrade to a current version of forum software? Heck, I'd contribute $100 toward getting something like on the AKFiles and HKPro.
    The forum software isn't all that far out of date. I think DanP said something about getting time to just delete some of the old photos being stored on the server and fixing some internal links. I'm sure there is more to it than that as well.

That is something above my pay grade. My admin tools are a step or two down from his, and the last time I personally script-kiddied a forum was 20'ish years ago on my home server for home based stuff and for some kinfolk to discuss family things on(it too was a vBulletin product).

I can't tell what AKFiles uses, but HKPro uses a different program all together. Our existing threads may not convert.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Allegheny County)

At least we haven't been sold to the Canadians like so many other forums have been.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    At least we haven't been sold to the Canadians like so many other forums have been.
    Yeah. There is a firm that bought up a bunch of forums, then converted to the same software as HKPro.

At each of those that I'm member of everyone had to reset their passwords. ...which works surprisingly well compared to our reset system.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yeah. There is a firm that bought up a bunch of forums, then converted to the same software as HKPro.

At each of those that I'm member of everyone had to reset their passwords. ...which works surprisingly well compared to our reset system.
    I just looked up the HK forum and scrolled to the bottom.
    Yep. Same Cannuks, different company name than I was thinking - both show the same business address though.
    Same forum software.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

The forum software isn't all that far out of date. I think DanP said something about getting time to just delete some of the old photos being stored on the server and fixing some internal links. I'm sure there is more to it than that as well.

That is something above my pay grade. My admin tools are a step or two down from his, and the last time I personally script-kiddied a forum was 20'ish years ago on my home server for home based stuff and for some kinfolk to discuss family things on(it too was a vBulletin product).

I can't tell what AKFiles uses, but HKPro uses a different program all together. Our existing threads may not convert.
    I guess that may be an issue, but there has to be something better. Like notifications if you're quoted in a thread.

(Berks County)

It's above my pay grade too but my experience tells me that it is not connected with the number of pictures. I have experienced it with newly started threads with no pictures in them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast