Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Who makes the best AR15 ?

Forgot to add.... Interesting to note that my Gator wears a DPMS barrel and the ADCO SPR wears a White Oak barrel.....who used to buy them from Compass lake, I believe.....and they were chambered in Wylde when I bought mine....unless ADCO reams them out.

No one should ever have to ream a 5.56 or Wylde chamber. My guess is they were .223 or otherwise defective. The base diameter of the Wylde is pretty much the same as the NATO chamber and the neck diameter and neck length is larger and longer than the NATO chamber.

http://www.ar15barrels.com/data/223-556.pdf
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; March 21st, 2007 at 10:34 PM.

(Fulton County)

Exclamation Re: Who makes the best AR15 ?

you know i have a theory. Everyone and theyre brother is buying a AR15

ammo is like $200 for 1k of wolf and almost double that for surplus and it keeps going up

so all these people are buying these ARs and if you own one you know its easy to shoot four or five hundred rounds in a outing. even more if your danp

so i think at current rates in ammos increased price due to the war effort, Nato not allowing surplus to come into the states, not to mention ammo that is rejected is now to be demilled and not sold to citizens. Anyway to cut this alittle shorter

i think we will see alot of ARs and other 223/5.56 guns on the used gun racks in the future that if they dont ban them 1st

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    you know i have a theory. Everyone and theyre brother is buying a AR15

ammo is like $200 for 1k of wolf and almost double that for surplus and it keeps going up

so all these people are buying these ARs and if you own one you know its easy to shoot four or five hundred rounds in a outing. even more if your danp

so i think at current rates in ammos increased price due to the war effort, Nato not allowing surplus to come into the states, not to mention ammo that is rejected is now to be demilled and not sold to citizens. Anyway to cut this alittle shorter

i think we will see alot of ARs and other 223/5.56 guns on the used gun racks in the future that if they dont ban them 1st
    I can fix that.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-pg.htm

(Dauphin County)

I too have just taken the newbee-jump into researching an AR purchase. I had to keep reminding myself that I wanted a no-frills defensive rifle. I really struck out communicating between my local FFL holders and dealers without stock. IF I began buying from more than 1 or 2 sources the shipping rates began to ruin any savings. Del-Ton doesn't have Stag lowers but they do have DoubleStar and so-n-so has this but they are out of that...can you refund my card..thanks. RockRiver's prices are good but chrome-lining is an option and 10 weeks til they put it together. I got tired of looking and shopping and bought a M4 Carbine, A3(detachable carry handle so you can change optics around) BushMaster for 910.00 at Shydas. I was gonna buy a S&W but overheard a rumor from the sales folks. Del-Ton seem to have great prices to kit-gun one together IF the stock was all 'in'. Good Luck and have fun.

(Fulton County)

Thumbs down Re: Who makes the best AR15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    i dont want a $1000 dollar .22

and for $60 bucks a 30 round mag ill keep shootin my 10/22 shit i can get 6 30 round ar mags for $60
    Last edited by fultonCoShooter; March 22nd, 2007 at 12:04 AM.

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Who makes the best AR15 ?

I will go with COLT LE 6920 M4 Carbine if I can get my FFL to order one for me at this price http://www.ar15sales.com/leoprod.htm + a few $$$ for his trouble.Do you think it's doable?
    LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Fulton County)

that would be awesome if he can order one

keep us updated thats a good price

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by KIGY View Post
    I will go with COLT LE 6920 M4 Carbine if I can get my FFL to order one for me at this price http://www.ar15sales.com/leoprod.htm + a few $$$ for his trouble.Do you think it's doable?

Please let me know what you find out.

I emailed them more than 5 times over the last year about that price on COLT 6920's. I never heard a word from them. I emailed them about other parts...got a reply the next day.

Maybe you should call them about that price. I have never seen a 6920 sell that cheap, and I doubt they will sell them for that.

If you do in fact get a 6920 for that price...please tell them to hold 3 for me! FFL is on the way!

I wanted to bring something up that lots of people have kind of overlooked. Many people look to an AR and say, I want the exact one that the military uses, etc. That's fine if you want a rifle that is the exact same manufacturer as the military, just realize that simply because the military uses a particular company does not mean that they make the best equipment. At the numbers that the military buys them etc, they buy them for way cheaper than what you or I would pay for any other "offbrand". You also have to keep in mind that part of the reason their prices are so high for the civilians is because you're paying for a name, it's part of them getting back some of the profit they didn't make for selling them cheaper to the government (not that they lost anything in the first place). Just keep in mind that the government is on a budget also, they don't necessarily buy the best of anything, they get something that they think is reliable and that they can get for the cheapest price. That's right, I said cheapest price, just like the space shuttle is built by the cheapest bidder, lol, kind of scary sometimes. Most of the AR's made today are pretty much almost the same rifles, with small differences in barrels, different chambers or triggers, and sometimes different ways they put the sights on (pins, set, etc). I just wanted to throw that out there for some people to think about.

(Bedford County)

It makes sense to look at many different brands if you are using it for hunting or target shooting. But for a fighting carbine, what are you buying? An AR-15 or a cheap look a like?

There are many great custom builders out there that will build you a great AR. There are also a few companies that build a good rifle, but there is also a bunch of low quality rifles on the market with people buying them that have no idea what a AR carbine is supposed to look like.

Sure the Govt buys under contract, but the AR supplier MUST meet the Govt specs or they dont get that contract. People with no Govt contract do not have to meet the specs...and most of them DONT. Things like...

Non chrome lined barrels
    1-9 barrel twist
    4140 barrel hardness
    rifle front sight base on a carbine
    wrong finish
    wrong barrel extension
    wrong chamber
    Dremel tool feed ramps
    carrier key not staked
    wrong bolt carrier assy
    rifle extractor insert in carbine
    plastic buffer
    cheap stock/handguards
    If you read the Govt specs, handle Govt weapons....then look at some of the rifles being made today...you will sh*t your pants laughing.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast