Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Who makes the best AR15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    in fact stay far away from any company calming to be the machine gun of the special forces!

Yaaaay!!!! Vulcan!! I like vulcan. do you like vulcan lady? They're special!!!!

I own bushmasters, but if I had to pick I'd say colt. My bushmasters work just fine for me though.

(Allegheny County)

I love my Bushmaster M4A3. No problems in over 5000 rounds.

(Philadelphia County)

With all due respect, none of the manufacturers mentioned thus far can be even remotely considered the finest maker of ARs. That title belongs to either Les Baer or to JP Enterprises. An AR from either of these companies is leaps and bounds superior to anything from Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, Stag, S&W, etc. Certainly, you will pay for that quality. These rifles will start at around $2,000. But with the premium price tag comes custom quality, outstanding fit and finish, superior reliability, and a level of accuracy that other ARs can only dream of. For example, all Les Baer ARs are guaranteed to shoot 1/2 MOA, and test targets are included with the rifle. That is phenomenal accuracy for any rifle, let alone an autoloading one. If you are willing to shell out the cash for the best, like you mentioned, then look no further than Les Baer or JP. They are simply on a completely different level than the run of the mill ARs that most people are familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by fonzy934 View Post
    With all due respect, none of the manufacturers mentioned thus far can be even remotely considered the finest maker of ARs. That title belongs to either Les Baer or to JP Enterprises. An AR from either of these companies is leaps and bounds superior to anything from Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, Stag, S&W, etc. Certainly, you will pay for that quality. These rifles will start at around $2,000. But with the premium price tag comes custom quality, outstanding fit and finish, superior reliability, and a level of accuracy that other ARs can only dream of. For example, all Les Baer ARs are guaranteed to shoot 1/2 MOA, and test targets are included with the rifle. That is phenomenal accuracy for any rifle, let alone an autoloading one. If you are willing to shell out the cash for the best, like you mentioned, then look no further than Les Baer or JP. They are simply on a completely different level than the run of the mill ARs that most people are familiar with.
    I've seen some kool aid drinkers in my time but DAAAAMN!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fonzy934 View Post
    For example, all Les Baer ARs are guaranteed to shoot 1/2 MOA, and test targets are included with the rifle. That is phenomenal accuracy for any rifle, let alone an autoloading one.
    how are they on reliability? to me, that is more important in an AR than 1/2 moa accuracy.

(i'm not trying to imply they aren't reliable...i have no idea--so i am asking.

sometimes, though, the tolerances required to produce such accuracy means the gun can be finicky...kinda like a finely tuned race car.)

(Lawrence County)

The JP and Baer guns will run 100%....but then you can get a Clark for 2/3 of their price and they are guranteed to shoot .5 moa too. However, the JP is the pinnacle if you are talking a full house AR.

But....from my experience......there are only two things you need to do to get an AR to shoot .5 moa or less.

Use a good barrel. Free float it.

My White Oak build has shot 5 shot groups of .23 at 100 yards and is my primary three gun tool these days.

Standard DPMS barrels are easily capable of .5 moa if you aren't chroming them and you use good ammo. Ammo selection is critical. Lots of guys out there with 1:7 barrels shooting 55gr bullets and can't figure out why they can't shoot 1 moa.

LycanrunsagainstalotofJP'sthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Delaware County)

Only your wallet can answer that question.

Get what you can fit into your budget. If you do not own one already, you have a substantial amount of money to spend on magazines, ammo and spare parts.

Buying a top of the line AR is great, but, you have to consider owning the gun and not being able to afford the other necessities makes no sense.

If you are looking for a shooter for home defense, just about all of the ARs on the market will do. If you are looking for an MOA shooter, you would probably be better off buying it a component at a time.
    Last edited by reels18; May 23rd, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post
    I've seen some kool aid drinkers in my time but DAAAAMN!!!!

(York County)

Ive been using RRA AR15 to good results, but Lyconthrope Raises another question "Whats the best ammo for this rifle". Ive been using Federal American Eagle 55gr. which seem to be okay but would really like to hear your opinoins on other rounds/bullets Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Ive been using RRA AR15 to good results, but Lyconthrope Raises another question "Whats the best ammo for this rifle". Ive been using Federal American Eagle 55gr. which seem to be okay but would really like to hear your opinoins on other rounds/bullets Thanks
    i'm an RRA man myself, they will eat anything. Besides reloads mine have never seen quality ammo, wolf or whatever is cheaper for me

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast