Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Stoeger Condor issues

I have a cheap Stoeger condor field model O/U. When I use snap caps and dry fire. The trigger will reset and I can hear it click on both barrels. When I use live ammo, most of the time the trigger won’t reset unless I’m holding the gun really loose. Can anyone recommend a smith that can help me out? I’m local to the York area but I don’t mind a little drive or even shipping if someone can fix this.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Stoeger Condor issues

I have the same shotgun. When it was new there was some issues with the safety and the trigger not resetting. If you do a google search, you will see there are several videos that show you how to correct the issue. The main problem is Stoeger puts some kind of heavy goo in the assembly and it stiffens up and wont allow anything to work. Once you figure out how to disassemble it an clean that stuff out and replace it with normal lube things should work better. Once mine was cleaned and lubed properly, I haven't had ant problems and am satisfied with it. For a bargain gun it's not bad at all.

Smit

(Cumberland County)

Had one, had similar issues. Been awhile, numerous years. Stiff lube may be the issue. If memory serves me correctly trigger reset is by recoil energy that*s why it*s working with a loose hold. Can*t quite remember what I did to rectify the issue but it took some tweaking. Open it up and do some looking it may be an obvious fix.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Casanovagdp View Post
    I have a cheap Stoeger condor field model O/U. When I use snap caps and dry fire. The trigger will reset and I can hear it click on both barrels. When I use live ammo, most of the time the trigger won’t reset unless I’m holding the gun really loose. Can anyone recommend a smith that can help me out? I’m local to the York area but I don’t mind a little drive or even shipping if someone can fix this.
    You got what you paid for. They are a piece of junk with soft parts with no heat treatment of hardening. I would just get rid of it and buy a quality o/u. You will be better off in the years ahead with a gun that works and will last a lifetime
    JC Blauvelt Gunsmith,Inc. JCBgunsmith.com

(York County)

Similar issue - I picked one up from a buddy who moved to NZ. cleaned up the internals and it worked fine. While in there, I also disabled the function that resets the safety to 'on' every time you break open the shotgun. I've used it for fifteen years since without issue.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

Do you remember how you disabled the auto safety? I*m also in Dover.