Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Angus King gun bill ‘openly defiant’ of Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    So if this passed, I expect the cetme and h&k roller delayed designs to take off. Idiots don't even understand what they are writing.
    Blowback and recoil operated firearms are included

(Chester County)

Not coincidentally, bolt action rifles are now in high demand.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Blowback and recoil operated firearms are included
    Yes, blowback, and recoil, and roller-delayed are still operated by the gas produced by a round being fired.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Hmm I always thought that it was inertia from the recoil as there is no actual gas system in the G3\hk roller delayed type rifles. . The rollers delay the unlocking of the bolt until the gas pressure in the barrel is low enough to not blast the shooter in the face. The chambers are fluted so this is important to prevent from happening. Kind of like opposite of a gas system.
    What an interesting and modern world we live in
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Hmm I always thought that it was inertia from the recoil as there is no actual gas system in the G3\hk roller delayed type rifles. . The rollers delay the unlocking of the bolt until the gas pressure in the barrel is low enough to not blast the shooter in the face. The chambers are fluted so this is important to prevent from happening. Kind of like opposite of a gas system.
    What an interesting and modern world we live in
    You answered it in your own post. It all starts with the gas produced by the burning of the powder.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

the gas is not what cycles the action. there is no gas system. The gas is an unwanted byproduct necessitating the use of the roller delay action
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    the gas is not what cycles the action. there is no gas system. The gas is an unwanted byproduct necessitating the use of the roller delay action
    I understand your thinking, but nothing is going to happen without the expanding gas. The inertia is only created by the expanding gas pushing the bullet down the barrel, causing an equal reaction in the opposite direction. What's the practical difference between the gas pressure acting directly on the bolt (through the cartridge case) and siphoning off some gas to act on a piston or bolt-carrier?

ETA: The gas is not an unwanted byproduct. Without the expanding gas, there's no projectile being expelled.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    You answered it in your own post. It all starts with the gas produced by the burning of the powder.
    You are the only person to argue that blowback/ recoil operated is the same as gas operated. Thats like saying a DA revolver is a semiautomatic.....

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You are the only person to argue that blowback/ recoil operated is the same as gas operated. Thats like saying a DA revolver is a semiautomatic.....
    I'm willing to accept that I may be wrong. Does the expanding gas on blowback and recoil type firearms not cause the action to cycle?

No, it's not at all like saying DA revolver is a semi-automatic. A DA revolver uses mechanical means to rotate the cylinder, not gas pressure from the prior round being fired.

Not that Wikipedia is the greatest but notice it states LOCKED BREACH blowback/recoil op are not locked. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-operated_reloading

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast