Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Legal Question - Inherited Supressor Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin60 View Post
    Can said bequest in a will be listed as... I leave all my remaining, residual property to my good friend and buddy Homer? I wouldn't have to use the actual word firearm, correct?
    That would be more for a lawyer to answer. My opinion though, as a non-lawyer, if it is worded VERY strongly that the beneficiary is to receive ALL earthly possessions, possibly. I do not know if there is a statute or case law requiring specific listing of items or not.

If there is chance a will could be contested by a blood or legal heir that was otherwise left out, it is possible for the will to be thrown out, unless deceased worded some very specific reasons to leave said heir(s) out.

Being specific is harder for others(and the law) to fight. I was told that it is smart to leave the most likely Intestate Succession heirs $1 if you intend to leave them out of the bulk of loot. Then include proper reason why their share is so small, and the intended beneficiary's is so high.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Legal Question - Inherited Supressor Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That would be more for a lawyer to answer. My opinion though, as a non-lawyer, if it is worded VERY strongly that the beneficiary is to receive ALL earthly possessions, possibly. I do not know if there is a statute or case law requiring specific listing of items or not.

If there is chance a will could be contested by a blood or legal heir that was otherwise left out, it is possible for the will to be thrown out, unless deceased worded some very specific reasons to leave said heir(s) out.

Being specific is harder for others(and the law) to fight. I was told that it is smart to leave the most likely Intestate Succession heirs $1 if you intend to leave them out of the bulk of loot. Then include proper reason why their share is so small, and the intended beneficiary's is so high.
    Thanks. I'll try to double-check with a lawyer. Good point about blood/legal heirs wanting to contest it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12