Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Black Friday Haul?

So what did you grab today? Firearm related that is. I don't think we need to hear about the dozen pack of skivies you got for 40% off.

Since my wife works night shift, I got my 8 and 10 year old up at 4:00 and headed to Dunhams. Picked up one of the WASR's on sale. No double stacks were available, only singles. Had three to choose from, all of which looked like crap. I've already got a much better quality AK, but for the price it was hard to pass one of these up. It will make a nice little project fixing the issues I saw with it and opening the mag capacity on the receiver.

For the record, the entire FCG was stamped Tapco/USA. In fact, most of the parts that are typically repalced for 922r complaince were USA parts, so I was a little surprised there.

Oh, and I had to pick up the boys first bb-gun while I was there for x-mas. I figure if I got one, its only fair if he gets one. But as far as he is concerned, it was a regular rifle for me I got, he didnt read the box careful enough or either was distracted by the pack of Yugioh cards I got him.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Black Friday Haul?

I went to Dunhams in Hanover. I got a Hi point 995. I have to go back at 8am to do the PICS and pick it up.

At first the guy handed me the ticket for the gun and said to come back. I was hanging out looking at other stuff and the other guy there told another customer that he had to put his gun on layaway and then pick it up later. I guess it's a good thing I hung out.

I did also find out that there is a gunsmith in Hanover that will do the single stack to double stack conversion for $60. That's not too bad considering that the difference in price was $80 different.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(York County)

Yeah, that's where I went. Was there right at 5:03 to get in. I got to go back around 9 this morning. It's a good thing gas prices came down to save me on another nearly 50 mile round trip, lol. I almost filled out a raincheck for the double stack, but for that price difference, I can cut that mag well better than Century can on teh single stack. I'm a former tool and die man myself, so fixing the issues I saw and milling the mag well larger are no problem.

(Allegheny County)

I'll just paste what I posted in the "Dunham's Black Friday" thread:

Well, I went to Dunham's, and got the AK for the Black Friday price of $349.
    No, I didn't pick it up yet.

I had it on layaway already... canceled out the layaway with the $399 price, and put it back on at the $349 price. Then I got 10 boxes of ammo with a raincheck,($4.99) which came to $50, so it's a wash. Or you could say it was like getting 200 rds for free with the $399 price.
    Either way, it was worth it.

Stopped at Dick's at 5am and got some .357 mag ammo with the BOGO 1/2 off coupon, and as I spent over $100,(first 250 customers) I got a $20 gift card.
    Was going to go right back and get more ammo, but it isn't good until Dec. 1.

At least it wasn't crazy at either place.
    I drove by Best Buy(Monroeville) and there were at least 250 people in a line waiting to get in the door. At Target there were 100 people in line.
    I only slowed enough to get a rough head count! Screw that!

Can't wait to pick up my new baby!
    Gotta roll some more coins and see what happens. Maybe I can pick it up sooner than I thought!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Just got home with the WASR. Besides the items I'm planning to correct like the canted front site, cleaning up the wood so it fits better, and opening the mag well, I'm actually really liking the turd. I'm really hoping it shoots half decent. Heck, I was going to turn this into a side folder, but at this point, I may keep it as is. I wouldnt mind picking up another one

By the way, I got 6 mags with this, lol. Too bad they are the single stack, so I'll be selling them in the near future to partially fund some 30 rounders.

Trunion is stamped 1973 on mine with the triangle next to it with the arrow pointing up inside it. I wasnt sure how these WASR's were put together and from what parts, but to me, the rifle looks like a unused surplus rifle from 35 years ago. (no rust though anywhere, plenty of oil and gease) So I am guessing it was a full auto that had the receiver removed and replaced with the current new limited capacity one, then a new USA FCG put was put in. They did tack weld the muzzle nut, but that will be replaced with a USA slant brake. They also tried to grind down the side lugs for the bayo, but thankfully they didnt do that good. I can still get my Chinese AKM style bayonet locked on there. Also got a sweet, older than dirt black leather sling, finish totally worn off the metal ends and all edges rounded from wear. It would probably have some stories to tell. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase.

Dunhams had Russion spam cans but only in .223 I thought, no 7.62 but in small boxes and no sale on them today.
    Last edited by Steelblitz; November 28th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Wink Re: Black Friday Haul?

I got a pretty nice leather desk chair from Staples for $59. after rebates. I'm sitting in it now & it's really comfortable. I'm an armchair commando, so I consider it to be a gun-related purchase.

(York County)

Can't complain about a comfy leather 'puter chair. I fall asleep in mine plenty of times at night. It's almost too comfy.

(Delaware County)

I don't do the shopping, but the g/f got a GPS at Kohls for like $55 after rebates and her % off for having a card with them...can't complain there.

I'm also going to hit up Dick's later on to get some 9mm ammo.

other than that, not sure what she got.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lycoming County)

I was "home" (Sharon) for thanksgiving and this morning decided to check out Dicks over at the Eastwood Mall in Niles, OH. It was probably 830 when I got there. I watched this guy and his kid take 6 - 200 rnd Rem UMC .223 boxes, then as I stepped up to the counter to see what the price was, another guy asked for the last two on the shelf. They had no 9mm. I grabbed a new Gerber multi-tool on sale and left.

I kept myself from going in Best Buy or Circuit City because I know I'd talk myself into getting a new tv.

Then I stopped at the Army-Navy in Sharon to check out ammo cans and they were out. I didn't stop in Dunhams... just figured I'd be disappointed again.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

I went and got my share of the BOGO 1/2 boxes of ammo, walked out with 4 boxes of rem fmj and 2 boxes of Winchester hollow point defensive rounds...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast