Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default WTB: S&W J-Frame!

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to get a Smith and Wesson J-frame for pocket carry in the warmer months to come. I'm open to hearing what models people are looking to get rid of. Ideally I want a 649 Bodyguard. I do like the 640, 638, 642, 442, and some model 60's as well. I would be very interested in any of those, and would even look at a 637 if the price was right. Thank you for your time and I hope we can work something out!

-Logan

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: WTB: S&W J-Frame!

HI, I WOULD RECOMMEND THE S&W 340 357 5 SHOT REVOLVER. THIS IS A TITANIAUM/SCANDAM LIGHT WEIGHT. 12OZ EMPTY. ADD A CRIMSON TRACE LASER GRIP, AND YOU CAN SHOOT QUICKLY AND DEAD ON FROM ANY POSITION. GREAT TO CARRY IN YOUR POCKET OR WITH A FOBUS ANKLE HOLSTER. JUST MY OPINION.

(Centre County)

Default Re: WTB: S&W J-Frame!

Quote Originally Posted by sams819 View Post
    HI, I WOULD RECOMMEND THE S&W 340 357 5 SHOT REVOLVER. THIS IS A TITANIAUM/SCANDAM LIGHT WEIGHT. 12OZ EMPTY. ADD A CRIMSON TRACE LASER GRIP, AND YOU CAN SHOOT QUICKLY AND DEAD ON FROM ANY POSITION. GREAT TO CARRY IN YOUR POCKET OR WITH A FOBUS ANKLE HOLSTER. JUST MY OPINION.
    As a owner of a 340PD. If you dont like recoil, pass on the 340, go with a lightweight 38 special such as the 442. I can shoot my 340 well, just about 40-50 shots per range outting is about all i can stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: WTB: S&W J-Frame!

i assumed he was talking about carring for protection. i doubt that you would put 50 rounds out for protection. i give up a little on the recoil for the small light weight size. i would not buy this just for target practice.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a S&W Model 36 in .38 Special that I'd consider parting with. No problems or anything, I'm just in the market for something even smaller. PM me if you're interested. It would include a leather holster.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Chester County)

I have to agree with Sams. The 340 with crimson trace is the best thing going right now. If the recoil is too much you can always use 38s in it.

(Montgomery County)

Thank you guys for the suggestions on the 340 and such. Unfortunately unless you want to sell me yours for way less than its worth, my budget is only going to allow me to pick up one of the models I've listed in the ad(I'm in college). Again thanks for the help and I'll look forward to more posts!

-Logan

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Log9mm View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to get a Smith and Wesson J-frame for pocket carry in the warmer months to come. I'm open to hearing what models people are looking to get rid of. Ideally I want a 649 Bodyguard. I do like the 640, 638, 642, 442, and some model 60's as well. I would be very interested in any of those, and would even look at a 637 if the price was right. Thank you for your time and I hope we can work something out!

-Logan

When looking for the J frame I just bought, I found the bet price at Impact Guns. http://www.impactguns.com/store/022188638110.html#3253
    Veritas Vos Liberat