Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default gunshops in bucks county

any recommended gunshops in central or southern bucks county, for buying rifles?

i'm tired of giving the PRNJ sales tax income...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rev214
    any recommended gunshops in central or southern bucks county, for buying rifles?

There's Ready Aim Fire in Bristol (http://wwwrafire.com) .. does more in handguns then long guns, but they are a bunch of good guys in there ... the other one that I would suggest would be Classic Pistol (http://www.classicpistol.com) Again I believe mostly handguns, but either place should be able to help you out.

Hope this helps

Kumarian

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rev214

Tanner's has a pretty good selection of long guns. They're a little bit of a drive from NJ though. Real decent folks there and I'd say worth the trip. Of course you could always call ahead to see if they've got what you're looking for.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(York County)

thanks guys...i didn't consider Ready Aim Fire, which is just across the bridge from me...i thought they dealt with handguns only...
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Classic Pistol (http://www.classicpistol.com)

The only place I go in Lower Bucks.

(Bucks County)

The other stop in Central Bucks is Target World in Chalfont, but I support all the choices recommended by the others. Never been to Ready Aim Fire, but Tanner's and Classic Pistol are good places. Tanner's probably has better rifle selection.

(Montgomery County)

As a male you might find Target World to be OK. But women will be ignored or worse patronized. I won't be caught dead in there. Target World is the halfway point on my way to Classic Pistol. I love driving past knowing that being half the distance they could have had my business if they were not jerks.

(Bucks County)

Siobhra, Have you ever heard of Surplus City, on Bustleton Avenue in Feasterville, just before the Philly line??? Lots of rifles and all gentlemen behind the counter. Their handgun selection is extensive too. It's close to your favorite place and I hope you give them a try...
    Rev214, I should have directed this to you as you started the thread but give Surplus City a look, they have racks of rifles and good prices. Also, out Main Street from Norristown near Jeffersonville is an old two story schoolhouse that is home to In Site Firearms. Good folks and lots of stuff for sale...Mike45
    Last edited by Mike45; July 8th, 2006 at 06:55 AM.

(Bucks County)

That's the second time I've heard a negative comment from someone about the service/people at Target World and it really surprises me. Every time (which trust me, is entirely too often) I've been in there, they have been very friendly and helpful. The guys at Classic Pistol are good people, too. I've bought 4 handguns this month from them . . . one more and I get a free toaster, I think.

I have never been inside Surplus City. Every time I go by they're closed (Sundays and Mondays), but I have heard they have a good selection.

Has anyone been to Clayton's across from the Willow Grove Naval Air Station?
    Last edited by Cole; July 8th, 2006 at 07:56 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45
    Siobhra, Have you ever heard of Surplus City, on Bustleton Avenue in Feasterville, just before the Philly line??? Lots of rifles and all gentlemen behind the counter. Their handgun selection is extensive too. It's close to your favorite place and I hope you give them a try...
    + 1 for Surplus City. Rob is the fellas name I think, and I've been in there a few times, bought a couple of things there myself, and have sent friends there who've also purchased from him. There's another little place in Pendel called Guns & Things. There decent people there too. Since they happen to be closest to my home, they get a lot of my business.

Contact info for Surplus City if interested;
    Surplus City
    302 Bustleton Pike
    Feasterville, PA 19053
    (215) 364-7130
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast