Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Democrats at it again new legislation coming

On Tuesday, the House Judiciary Committee will vote on a pair of gun control bills designed to make being a law-abiding gun owner in Pennsylvania a bit more treacherous.* As crime continues to ravage the streets of Philadelphia, the Majority Democrats’ answer is to harass law-abiding gun owners in every city and town in the Commonwealth not called Philadelphia.* The more obvious solution would be to have the city’s pro-criminal district attorney start prosecuting the law breakers they catch instead of turning them loose to reoffend.** *

HB 941 by Rep. Darisha Parker (D-Philadelphia) holds gun owners liable for having their property stolen and misused.* HB 1629 by Rep. House Judiciary Chairman Tim Briggs (D-Montgomery County), forces gun owners to keep all firearms in their home under lock and key.* When seconds matter in a self-defense situation, this dangerous legislation puts law-abiding gun owners at a distinct disadvantage to home invaders. *

Does some of this sound familiar?* It should.* Back in May of this year, newly-minted Majority Democrats charged out of the gate and passed a couple gun control bills, which ultimately failed. Rather than face another embarrassing defeat, they hit the pause button on HB 731, a mandatory storage bill very similar to HB 1629. *

With last week’s election over, House Democrats are back to playing more politics and attacking law-abiding gun owners.* These ideas were bad in May, and they are still bad.

HB 941 and HB 1629 impact every single gun owner in the state.* Just having a firearm puts you at risk of being on the wrong side of the law.* They are telling you how to store your property in your own home, and once you have been victimized by a thief, they intend to hold YOU liable. *

Please contact your State Representative immediately and respectfully request a “NO” vote on these two bills! *

From the NRA!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Democrats at it again new legislation coming

I think Washington DC tried the '...all firearms must be secured...' and got smacked down for it. I am not sure if it is still being "challenged???
    Would that ruling have any bearing on goings on in PA???
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    I think Washington DC tried the '...all firearms must be secured...' and got smacked down for it. I am not sure if it is still being "challenged???
    Would that ruling have any bearing on goings on in PA???
    All *safe storage* laws are bull and void. The case was DC V Heller. This also goes against NYSRP V BRUEN. These bills should be rejected on the face and not even be up for consideration.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    All *safe storage* laws are bull and void. The case was DC V Heller. This also goes against NYSRP V BRUEN. These bills should be rejected on the face and not even be up for consideration.
    And the nitwit that proposes them should be fired.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And the nitwit that proposes them should be fired.
    Out of a cannon.

(Northumberland County)

Do safe storage laws apply to households with no children? My kids are grown and on their own. I keep my guns locked up. Except my edc.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJr View Post
    Do safe storage laws apply to households with no children? My kids are grown and on their own. I keep my guns locked up. Except my edc.
    LOL! There you go trying to apply logic to something created by illogical, (add obscenities here) democrats.

Do you really think that they give a crap? LOCK THEM UP FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJr View Post
    What if a small child wandered into your bedroom, and found your instrument of death.

If we can save just one child, we have to do it. We have no choice. It's our duty.

For the children.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Northumberland County)

LOL thanks guys.

(Chester County)

The legislation needs to include the state buying everyone a safe.

I want this one...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast