Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanksgiving and General Holidays In-Laws Stories

Please, I'm going to need something to entertain me while I unwind after this "trial by EXPLETIVE that I'm related to by marriage alone" is over.

Pray that I don't make the papers yet today!

PS: Sorry if my sentiments aren't generally shared. I needed to vent, badly.

Default Re: Thanksgiving and General Holidays In-Laws Stories

I'll be your partner in venting. I just got back from an unusually good time. I have the inlaws from "uppityville". Princetonians, fake christians who do nothing but look down on others.

The ONLY reason they were unable to ruin the day, was that the inlaws from the other side (her daughter hosted so it was the husbands parents and they are from China) dominated the conversations. They are SO open and friendly, they took over the whole day and we laughed till we cried.

I WISH they could attend EVERY damn event I go to for hubby's family. Their son is a great guy, we all pity him for marrying hubbys' sister. We jokingly call him "the poor bastard".

My 24th wedding anniversary is next week, 27 years I have been part of this family and less than 2 years ago I was told bluntly " YOU ARE NOT FAMILY".. yeah. I gave birth to three of the 8 grandchildren.. but right.. I am not family. Holidays totally suck with them. Grass growing REALLY IS MORE FUN to watch then a visit to their house.

(Allegheny County)

I have nothing to complain about.
    Then again we didn't spend time with either family today.

My wife had neck/disc surgery yesterday, and was discharged today.
    As there was going to be no Thanksgiving meal prepared here today, our neighbors packed up an entire meal and sent it over for us to enjoy.

They knew we would be without a turkey, and told us that they would be "sending something over." I assumed it would be a plate of food. I was wrong. We had a full dinner w/enough for lunch tomorrow.

There are good people out there. In addition to all the other blessings, we give thanks today for a successful surgery, and for wonderful neighbors.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Well, we made it through. I cooked her ass into quiet submission. She had nothing much to say except to gladly accept an invitation back again next Thanksgiving, which is okay, because she either boils or bakes everything, thinks that salt and pepper are exotic spices, and I hate the damned eight hour round-trip into the PRNY to go and see them.

All in all, it was a good meal, eight people up against a 26 lb. turkey, with three different kinds of stuffing, three different gravies, mashed potatoes with Boursin cheese and half-and-half, veggies, and three different desserts and fresh-ground Colombian coffee. I saved one of the Boursin rounds for some crackers at a later date after I manage to work some of this bird off.

(Bucks County)

Angry Re: Thanksgiving and General Holidays In-Laws Stories

You all are rookies! I invited a buddy of mine, 8 years older than me, to my wedding. My mil was supposed to pick us up at the airport on our return from the honeymoon. My buddy is driving the car when she picks us up. He hooked up with her at our wedding. Anyway, they dated for a few months and he tells me they are goingto get married. I tell him "Don't, it will screw up a good friendship". He didn't listen! So, I'm standing at the back of the church after his wedding, I'm the usher, in the recieving line, and he turns to me and says, "I'm the father in this family now, so I'm in charge and you have to do what I say". I can tell he is serious! I blurt out, a little too loudly, "SUCK MY DICK". Yep, everybody heard it! The Preacher is a very dear friend of 25 years and we still laugh about it, privately. Ex-buddy is not pleased and has made my life a living hell every time he sees me. This has been on-going for 16 years now.
    We hunt together, or rather, we used to hunt together every year. Their marriage started sucking right away mainly because he was a closet a-hole and came out about a year after they got married. She figures out that he is an a-hole and starts treating him like one. He starts confiding in me, about my mother-in-law. I tell him, "I'm married to her daughter for crying out loud, I don't want to hear this". I told him that I would absolutely repeat every word he says about her to my wife and he would be screwed, so keep his mouth shut about her. NOPE. He just isn't that bright.
    He co-owned a business for a bunch of years and would always let me know what a great success he was and what a failure I was. Every time my wife and I would buy something(car, truck, gun,dog, towels for the bathroom) he will ask, "What'd that set you back?" F off!
    Oh, back to hunting. On the drive to where we hunt he would start in about how he hates his wife and maybe this is the year he kills himself. GREAT. I told him to make sure he completes the job, because I ain't dragging him out of the woods. I will go and send help back for him, but only after sundown because I paid good money for my deer license and I'm not wasting it on him. Seriously, the ONE TIME that I let him drive, he kept drifting to the side of the road like he wanted to hit a phone pole. That was the last time I let him drive.
    Mother-in-law bought me a hunting suit for Christmas one year. Expensive one, too. We are in the woods with another friend and he makes it a point to try and insult me by stating, "Do you know how much I had to spend for that hunting suit you are wearing? You owe me". It was snowing hard, six inches on the ground, and a few more coming. I took the suit off right there in the woods, threw it at him, told him he could keep it, and took off for the road. Hitch-hiked into town(lucky for me, the first truck to come down the road was a Pa DCNR Forester truck. He tokk me to Wal-mart and held my rifle while I went in and bought a coat). Then I got him to drop me at the Comfort Inn in Mount Pocono and used some of my reward points, got a room and called the wife to come and get me. I never even "dimed" the prick out for that stunt. I'm saving that for when he really is down and struggling, then I'll let his wife hear about it. Revenge is a dish best served cold!
    Anyhow, the asshole just left a half hour ago. I figure my blood pressure should be back down sometime before sunup Monday. Just in time to go hunting with him again. There are words that I really want to insert here(use your imagination) but if I hint at what the possibilities are of an "accident", I could probably face charges if an accident were to occur.
    Top that ,rookies !

(Chester County)

I ate until I was in agonizing pain, as had been the stated plan.

As for family talk, I took a different route than usual. I ignored any and all religious and political talk (rare for me to keep quiet on most subjects) and let the profane family cattle chew over their verbal and dietary cud amongst one another. I was far too gorged to cast pearls before swine.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Thanksgiving and General Holidays In-Laws Stories

Oh, I forgot to add

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas, the whole season, every single day of it! ENJOY IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    I'll be your partner in venting. I just got back from an unusually good time. I have the inlaws from "uppityville". Princetonians, fake christians who do nothing but look down on others.
    I went through a lot of this crap the first 10-12 years or so that we were married, but we are coming up on 25 years in January, and for the last 12 years, things have been pretty good. I think that is partly because Grammy, aka the Graminator, learned that I wasn't going to take any of her guff. And my wife stood by me the whole time, so she (the Graminator) learned it wasn't going to do her any good.

Great: Mrs. Plinker just happened to walk by and saw "Graminator" leap off the screen at her. Now I am in trouble - again.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Great: Mrs. Plinker just happened to walk by and saw "Graminator" leap off the screen at her. Now I am in trouble - again.
    No sweat, blame me. My shoulders are wide.

I would really appreciate if just ONCE hubby would tell his parents to knock off the nasty comments or if he'd look them in the eye and say "that's my WIFE you are being rude to". But no.. he won't.
    I yamwhatIyam.. and Irish mutt vs their royal bloodline. Barf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast