Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Plx-c

(Philadelphia County)

Default Plx-c

I dont have any high end glass... been looking at the primary arms plx-c (for most this is mid tier but high end for me)... worth it or just stick w $300ish lvpo's? I want 1x to at least 6x but preferrably 8x (10x is the dream but there isnt a budget scope that can do that well)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Plx-c

What sort of rifle/use were you planning to pair it with?

(Philadelphia County)

AR, primary rifle

(Allegheny County)

So you’d want your “primary” to be a General Purpose Rifle (GPR)? Just assuming if your going for that sort of LPVO. My “primary” rifle is a backpack gun… CQB-oriented: folder, green dot, 7”. Because it’s a daily carry and most likely to be with me if needed.

There’s a noticeable improvement in glass quality between my Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x ($450-600ish) and the Razor HD Gen 3 for sure…

In between price points, it’s usually combinations of features that seem to stand out. E.g., eyebox size and fisheye, or quality of bezel and controls, locking turrets, stuff like that.

I’ve been considering a Night Force ATACR for an SPR build; I don’t own any Night Force optics yet, but tried them a few times on Sig Spears in .308 & Sig Fury.

(Philadelphia County)

So you like the SE 1-8x? I want something rugged that can take a beating that a go-to needs to have but also be something i dont look back and regret. The tango msr looks like another decent mid-grade offering like your SE

(Allegheny County)

The SE is fine for my uses. I’ve only done “real” training with it twice so far… almost as fast as an unmagnified dot. Almost. The option of 8x is nice for PID.

Some will upgrade the standard throw lever, but I appreciate it being small and less of a snag hazard.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    The SE is fine for my uses. I*ve only done *real* training with it twice so far* almost as fast as an unmagnified dot. Almost. The option of 8x is nice for PID.

Some will upgrade the standard throw lever, but I appreciate it being small and less of a snag hazard.

To follow this up... I'm very happy with the Strike Eagle 1-8x LPVO. I've not held back on it... trained with it hard probably a dozen times since November... and used it twice at night.

It was a fine stop-gap to the Razor HD, which is inbound for my BCM 12.5". I was glad that I didn't "Spit the Difference", as Chris Voss would tell as Never to do.. and got the Viper PST. The SE is a fine stop-gap while I waited for buying the Razor..

JFYI, ymmv, gfym..
    Last edited by ScaredOnce; January 7th, 2024 at 03:11 AM.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

Vortex is releasing a new 1-6 as well in the viper line. I don’t know your budget but it seems like that would be more in line with what you’re looking at.

(York County)

The Riton 3 Tactix 1-8 24 is a very good scope for the money. The quality is good and they are a Veteran owned company. The cost is around $340 retail which is a bit less than the strike eagle with comparable features, guarantee and glass.

https://ritonoptics.com/product/3-tactix-1-8x24-v2/

https://www.amazon.com/Riton-Riflesc...s%2C100&sr=8-1