Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New handgun for $600.00

How many of you will plunk down $ 600.00 for a new handgun. - I mean right now, as soon as you see it ?

If the answer is, Hell yes, You betcha - then how many of you will not buy the handgun and make a contribution to the NRA - ILA - OR buy the gun then make the contribution.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: New handgun for $600.00

Not sure how this relates to pistols but yes, many of us are members of the NRA/support the NRA. Many of us also buy handguns.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Allegheny County)

(Bedford County)

Jmateer- that's concealment NOT cover.

FIND A TREE!

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    Jmateer- that's concealment NOT cover.

FIND A TREE!
    I'm a tree, I'm a tree, I'm a tree, I'm a tree, I'M A TREE WITH A GUN! HAHA! FIRE!

Sorry, relapse from combat training.

I'm kind of curious to the point of this also. Are you stating that instead of buying a new gun, we should donate $600 to the NRA, or buy a Para Ordnance gun rights pistol? http://paraord.com/pages/indexf.html
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; March 20th, 2007 at 10:13 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

You got it. Yep, that's the point. Could have posted this anywhere, but thought I would start here. Speaking for myself, it's easier to reach in my wallet and put 5 or 6 Ben's on the counter and walk out with some satisfaction in my hand than it is to send the ILA a fat check. Just thinking that maybe we should all think about which side of our bread the butter is on or - as we say in the hills, "Dance with the one that brung you."

(Schuylkill County)

well i'm a life member of the NRA and do make contributions every year. but i just spent money on a new H&K socomm MK 23 today on my way home from work. wow now i feel bad i didnt make my donation yet this year, DAMN you thanks for the guilt

(Schuylkill County)

Well I am a member of the NRA, but I'd rather spend the 5 Bens on a new Glock, or perhaps that Taurus 24/7 I saw.

I give through my membership to the NRA. If I give any extra it will be for specific causes wheter to the NRA or other pro-liberty groups.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by autorim View Post
    You got it. Yep, that's the point. Could have posted this anywhere, but thought I would start here. Speaking for myself, it's easier to reach in my wallet and put 5 or 6 Ben's on the counter and walk out with some satisfaction in my hand than it is to send the ILA a fat check. Just thinking that maybe we should all think about which side of our bread the butter is on or - as we say in the hills, "Dance with the one that brung you."
    I'm a life member. They take that *lump sum* and invest it. The money I sent is *working for the cause*. I quit contributing money on a regular basis because I'm dissatisfied with MANY things they've done and failed to do.

They screwed us BIG TIME here in PA siding with the Brady group supporting some of the worst anti gun legislation to ever come down the pike.

And Wayne LaPierre conducts himself like an elitist Soviet style marxist being driven by limo from his home to the *office* every day. How is it that the NRA Exec. V.P. seems to have a *job for life* like the Pope?

And how is it a non gun owning lawyer single handedly filed suit in federal district court and had the D.C. handgun ban overturned? We need to ask ourselves *why* the NRA didn't push that issue.

I still advise people to join. I'm just unwilling to throw anymore money at them until they get their act together.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I'm a life member. They take that *lump sum* and invest it. The money I sent is *working for the cause*. I quit contributing money on a regular basis because I'm dissatisfied with MANY things they've done and failed to do.

They screwed us BIG TIME here in PA siding with the Brady group supporting some of the worst anti gun legislation to ever come down the pike.

And Wayne LaPierre conducts himself like an elitist Soviet style marxist being driven by limo from his home to the *office* every day. How is it that the NRA Exec. V.P. seems to have a *job for life* like the Pope?

And how is it a non gun owning lawyer single handedly filed suit in federal district court and had the D.C. handgun ban overturned? We need to ask ourselves *why* the NRA didn't push that issue.

I still advise people to join. I'm just unwilling to throw anymore money at them until they get their act together.
    This is pretty much why i let my membership lapse. I'm not a hunter or sportsman, so the NRA isn't really doing much for me with their inoffensive centrist stances. The anti-gunners will portray them as evil, baby killing gun-nuts who want everyone to own machine guns no matter what their true policy stances are, so they might as well start picking up on some of our issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast