Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

Nor am I under any obligation to go to the aid of another as long as I have no protection from legal ramifications.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

More armed and trained, law abiding citizens is one answer to minimizing mass shootings. Not a popular choice in certain circles but very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I would like to know when most people will come to understand that the government is under no obligation to protect them at all times?

How many more people have to senselessly die before those around them begin to take steps to protect themselves?

There. Your questions answered with my questions, which gives you my answer.
    Must spread rep.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Bucks County)

The Agencies are doing exactly what they are being directed to do. 50 years embedding America haters deep within them and you have what you have today.
    Elections matter, State local Federal and Primaries. Self inflicted
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

I would like to know when most people will come to understand that the government is under no obligation to protect them at all times?

How many more people have to senselessly die before those around them begin to take steps to protect themselves?

To many people believe the police are there to protect them, except courts have ruled the government and police have no constitutional requirement to protect citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Must spread rep.
    got him for you

(Bedford County)

While I agree with you, the problem with that, is that government uses these shootings as an excuse to disarm us even more, when they absolutely could have prevented this from happening.

So the OP is spot on with questioning why the government continually drops the ball before these shootings when every possible warning sign is flashing red.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
    While I agree with you, the problem with that, is that government uses these shootings as an excuse to disarm us even more, when they absolutely could have prevented this from happening.

So the OP is spot on with questioning why the government continually drops the ball before these shootings when every possible warning sign is flashing red.
    Any new, "firearms Law", should have to pass one litmus test question before passing. Would the new law or laws have prevented any of the recent shootings? Since the lawmakers don't care about this qualifier speaks volumes about a plan to use the bad laws to disarm the public. Yea, I know ; preaching to the choir.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post

I disagree 100%.

In the case of the Maine shooter, he purchased the rifle PRIOR TO his committment. If the state of Maine visited this guy's house to confiscate his firearms, a large number here would be drawing comparisons to the Gestapo and jabbering about the loss of liberty. If they didn't have such a law allowing for confiscation following committment, then if a bill was proposed to enact a Red Flag Law, the consensus would be drawing comparisons to the Gestapo and jabbering about the loss of Liberty. If the state neither has laws to confiscate following committment nor proposes to enact one, then all we here is jabbering about how much the state isn't doing and how inept/complacent they are.

The state is somehow capable of doing too little and too much, simultaneously.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Law Enforcement: Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. Has been ever so, and will not change.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bedford County)

I disagree 100%.

In the case of the Maine shooter, he purchased the rifle PRIOR TO his committment. If the state of Maine visited this guy's house to confiscate his firearms, a large number here would be drawing comparisons to the Gestapo and jabbering about the loss of liberty. If they didn't have such a law allowing for confiscation following committment, then if a bill was proposed to enact a Red Flag Law, the consensus would be drawing comparisons to the Gestapo and jabbering about the loss of Liberty. If the state neither has laws to confiscate following committment nor proposes to enact one, then all we here is jabbering about how much the state isn't doing and how inept/complacent they are.
    Main has a "Yellow" flag law that gave authorities the right to seize his guns. I don't care who thinks what about the laws on here. Jabber away. Laws are laws no matter what anyone's opinion of them is.

Fact of the matter is LE had every chance to thwart this shooter and they didn't. Just like most of the other shootings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast