Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Exclamation Open carry is asking for trouble!!!

Ok ladies and gentlemen before the blood letting begins from this post ‘’opinion’‘ please consider that what we do can and will have ramifications for us all eventually. My point is this just because we can open carry doesn’t mean we should! Hey if you are carrying concealed and your jacket opens or your shirt lifts up displaying your gun that’s one thing but to knowingly, willingly and openly display your gun just invites trouble on many levels. First you have the idiots who will play the tough guy,Police Officers who enforce laws that do not exist and are created in there minds because it feels right to them and the retards who are afraid that you are exercising your Constitutional Right To Bear Arms.Remember when we make stupid choices i.e ‘’open carry ‘’ it affects us all by laws being created that will prevent us from being able to protect ourselves and our family!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Open carry is asking for trouble!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Time for the popcorn...........

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Time for the popcorn...........

<image deleted, no desire to go through that crap again because some overly sensitive person got offended>

To the OP:

"What we do can and will have ramifications for us all." Indeed it does. When one does not stand up for their rights, those rights will be taken. Not all at once mind you, and not in an obvious way. They will be scraped away a layer at a time for common sense reasons.

For example:
    Civilians don't need fully automatic weapons, they serve no purpose for sporting or hunting. <GCA>
    Citizens don't need rifles under a certain length, they serve no purpose for sporting or hunting. <NFA>
    Civilians don't need semi-automatic firearms that resemble their fully automatic brethren because they serve no purpose for sporting or hunting. <AWB>
    Civilians have no need for high capacity magazines because you don't need to hold more than 10 rounds in a gun to use it for sporting or hunting purposes. <AWB>
    Citizens don't need to carry a handgun on their person because we have effective law enforcement.
    "Armor Piercing" ammunition shouldn't be sold to civilians because it may be used to defeat a LEOs body armor.
    .50 caliber bolt-action rifles should not be available to civilians because those guns are meant to incapacitate vehicles at long ranges.

A few of the above haven't been implemented ... yet. But don't be fooled, they ARE on someones agenda.

Have you ever heard the phrase "Give them an inch and they will take a mile" ?

Open carrying is no more asking for trouble than owning a .50 rifle, or a semi-automatic version of a military rifle is asking them to be banned.
    Last edited by WVneighbor; November 27th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

DFTT.

For reference, Benjamin Franklin once siad that "If we do not hang together, surely we will hang separately" Whether or not YOU agree with OC, you should support anothers' right to do so.

I personally do a mix of all kinds of carry methods, I adjust for the situation I'm in.

But we need to stand together, not divided.

(Franklin County)

Your entitled to your own opinion, and free to exercise (or not) any rights you have. The nice thing is that your opinion and choices have no effect on my ability to do the same - even if they are opposite yours. God bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    Remember when we make stupid choices i.e ‘’open carry ‘’ it affects us all by laws being created that will prevent us from being able to protect ourselves and our family!
    Remember, when we make cowardly choices - i.e. "concealed carry" - it affects us all by allowing rights to be quickly and easily legislated into oblivion using the argument "No one does this anyway. It's not a big deal if we make it illegal." That will prevent us from maintaining the society founded in liberty that our forefathers envisioned and that millions have sacrificed their lives for - both in creating and defending it.

*For the record, I don't believe concealed carry is "cowardly" any more than I believe that open carry is "stupid". I'm just drawing a parallel. I employ both options and am very appreciative of the choice that I am fully able to exercise.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

I like pie..........
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Indiana County)

1adam12 claims Altoona as his residence, but from the tone it might as well be Connecticut. There, open carry is not illegal, but it's never been backed up by any State Supreme Court rulings, and the law enforcement types, based on reading the Connecticut section of Open Carry dot Org, will take away your license if you so much as print.

In Pennsylvania open carry is likewise not illegal, but is supported by at least two State Supreme Court decisions as being legal throughout the Commonwealth.

1adam12 wants us to be meek and mild and not upset the authorities. Perhaps that's his personality, and it works for him, but it doesn't work for me. He may not want to fight for his rights, but I'll fight for mine. Haven't had any problems so far open carrying, nor do I expect any. And, if I do, thanks to all the education I've received on this website, I'm prepared to do so if necessary.

1adam12, get a backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    God I love those kind of boots...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast