Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default stupid people pass on stupid info

well i just got done having a conversation with one of my neighbors and we happened to stumble on the topic of carrying guns. he got his licence to carry and was talking to me about different pistol options. then he told me that he was looking at a 9mm (good choice i have one too) becasue a guy told him that " in the court of law the .40cal and .45 would be looked upon to have the premedated action of killing someone, but the 9mm was ok" i quickly responed with that is a load of crap and told him i never heard this one. i explained to him that any caliber bullet fired at a person needs to be justified, and prolly subject to investigation no matter the caliber could be .22 or a 50 cal.

it just proves that people feeding bad info can infect people into thinking wrong facts about guns and gun ownership....i ended up talking to him for about a half an hour trying to give him the correct facts of what that person had told him....i feel i did my part for the night

billy

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: stupid people pass on stupid info

right, 40, the most popular LE caliber, would be looked down upon.

The only way it could possibly be used against you is if during cross examination you were stupid enough to answer "why do you carry a 45" with "Cause it kills motherfuckers better" and grinned.
    Last edited by MarcS; March 20th, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post

The only way it could possibly be used against you is if during cross examination you were stupid enough to answer "why do you carry a 45" with "Cause it kills motherfuckers better" and grinned.
    Well isn't that a good reason??? lol

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post
    well i just got done having a conversation with one of my neighbors and we happened to stumble on the topic of carrying guns. he got his licence to carry and was talking to me about different pistol options. then he told me that he was looking at a 9mm (good choice i have one too) becasue a guy told him that " in the court of law the .40cal and .45 would be looked upon to have the premedated action of killing someone, but the 9mm was ok" i quickly responed with that is a load of crap and told him i never heard this one. i explained to him that any caliber bullet fired at a person needs to be justified, and prolly subject to investigation no matter the caliber could be .22 or a 50 cal.

it just proves that people feeding bad info can infect people into thinking wrong facts about guns and gun ownership....i ended up talking to him for about a half an hour trying to give him the correct facts of what that person had told him....i feel i did my part for the night

billy
    Just be sure in a situation like that that you don't appear condescending manner towards him or his friend. That can turn a guy off to truthful advice.

Good job trying to set him straight.

(Delaware County)

If ever you have to defend yourself you better make sure your life was threatened because the courts do not care what calibra was used just that someone was shot.

(Fulton County)

if that were the case you could argue you didnt think the bad guy would die when you shot them with a .22

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post

billy
    Did he give up his ignorance for the truth? or was he kinda unconvinced?

(Berks County)

after telling him the truth, he was like that makes sence, and he thought what his friend told him was crap.......i hope to take him to the range to let him try out my steyr m9 so he can get a feel for the different guns

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post

Thats what I like about a .45, it kills em better!

(Montgomery County)

Trying to think like a person on a jury who don't not know anything about guns I think the neighbor might have a point. If the DA wants to pant a picture of a mad gunman he can play with things like the size or type of bullet.

Since the police use 9mm bullets why did you feel you need something 2 and a half times bigger? (talking about your 22)

I had a coworker tell me that a 22 was a bigger bullet than a 9.

So I guess the calibre 'can' be made to say 'mad-dog' killer but your lawyer should be ready for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast