Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Thumbs up Smith & Wesson officially moves headquarters out of blue state to Tennessee

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/s...tate-tennessee

Firearm manufacturer Smith & Wesson officially moved its headquarters from New England to Tennessee, earning praise from the NRA.

"Congratulations to Smith & Wesson on their grand opening in Tennessee. This move is a testament to their enduring legacy, their commitment to firearm excellence, and to the importance of preserving America’s gun industry and Second Amendment rights in a fair environment," NRA Executive Director of Advancement Tyler Schropp told Fox News Digital in an exclusive comment.

"Representing millions of NRA members and gun owners, the NRA was proud to be the tip of the spear for the passage and enactment of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that saved America’s firearm industry," Schropp continued, citing the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that prevents firearm manufacturers from being held liable if products are used to commit a crime.

Smith & Wesson was established in 1852 in Connecticut before it soon moved its headquarters to Springfield, Massachusetts. Now, the firearm manufacturer calls Maryville, Tennessee, home after holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony Saturday at its new 650,000-square feet headquarters.

"From where I stand, the next 170 years of Smith & Wesson are looking pretty good," Smith & Wesson President and CEO Mark Smith said Saturday, according to The Daily Times. "It is something special here in Tennessee."

Smith touted state gun laws and his close work with local leaders for the move to Tennessee, describing the relocation as "seamless." Democrat-led Massachusetts has some of the most strict gun laws in the U.S., while Republican-led Tennessee has expanded gun laws in recent years, including approving permitless carry in 2021.

Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn attended the ribbon-cutting event Saturday and told Fox News Digital that her state is thrilled to welcome the gun manufacturer.

"In Tennessee, we know that the Second Amendment is non-negotiable and are pleased to officially welcome Smith & Wesson to Maryville. Their significant investment in our state is a testament to our pro-business policies, and we look forward to their continued partnership to bolster our economic development and exceptionally skilled workforce," she said.

The new headquarters, which was first announced in 2021, sits on 230 acres southwest of the McGhee Tyson Airport, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported. Tours of the facility were offered during the grand opening, with Smith & Wesson spokespeople telling local media that the gun manufacturer will also build a museum and retail store in the coming years.

Default Re: Smith & Wesson officially moves headquarters out of blue state to Tennessee

I thought S&W had been bought out by a coalition of anti-gunners who were using it as a Trojan Horse to support anti-gun laws?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson officially moves headquarters out of blue state to Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I thought S&W had been bought out by a coalition of anti-gunners who were using it as a Trojan Horse to support anti-gun laws?
    Your comment caused me to do some reading.

I guess Safe-T-hammer & Mitchell Saltz are at least suspect.

"Mr. Saltz founded Saf-T-Hammer Corporation in 1997, originally formed to develop and market firearm safety and security products designed to prevent unauthorized access to firearms."

"unauthorized access" I guess this could mean anything from safes to those BIO grips that disable a gun if your prints don't match.

I will have to dig into this a bit more.

Otherwise, glad they are now in Tennessee.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Bucks County)

Maryville seems like a strange place to have your global headquarters. It is right outside the Northeast corner of the Smokey Mountains and that area is kind of backwards and in the middle of nowhere. I've been in the area numerous times and the place is in the mountains and beautiful but there is not much there that will appeal to a city person from Connecticut. Maybe that's one reason they picked it.

(Susquehanna County)

Headquarters are good but where are the manufacturing facilities? I yell hurray when that is move the Tenn too!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

Wonder how much it cost mass in income when they moved. These states like the sanctuary cities will continue to pay long after the event.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Wonder how much it cost mass in income when they moved. These states like the sanctuary cities will continue to pay long after the event.
    I get the impression that these blue states are happy to not recieve "blood money taxes" ...I could be wrong...
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    I get the impression that these blue states are happy to not recieve "blood money taxes" ...I could be wrong...
    Yup, but citizens are also leaving the states so they are losing our taxes as well.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Montgomery County)

The "blood" moneys one thing but all the support money is gone. Trucking, property costs to say nothing of lost wage tax. Easy to be fussy till you're broke (which most red states are) Especially as your population shrinks