Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Video of stabbing

He died to easily.
    iAnal

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    He died to easily.
    Probably a heart shot. A guy was stabbed in the leg in front of my grandpops house in st clair back in the 50s.
    My grandpop tried to save him but he died. High school kid.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Even scott saw that coming.
    *Even*

Scott Adams has a track record of being pretty prescient on calling out Progressive nonsense.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Probably a heart shot. A guy was stabbed in the leg in front of my grandpops house in st clair back in the 50s.
    My grandpop tried to save him but he died. High school kid.
    A slice through the femoral artery will drain a man dry of blood as fast as a carotid artery cut. I've heard an interesting stat from a Westchester County DA's investigator, "85% of gunshot wounds are survived, 65% of knife woulds are survived".

I see someone mentioned 21'. I don't recall that ever being touted as a "safe distance". As I recall when 7 yards first came out it was the distance a determined knife armed attacked could cover in 1 second! Like "altitude" is a fighter pilot's friend. On the ground distance is your friend.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    A slice through the femoral artery will drain a man dry of blood as fast as a carotid artery cut. I've heard an interesting stat from a Westchester County DA's investigator, "85% of gunshot wounds are survived, 65% of knife woulds are survived".

I see someone mentioned 21'. I don't recall that ever being touted as a "safe distance". As I recall when 7 yards first came out it was the distance a determined knife armed attacked could cover in 1 second! Like "altitude" is a fighter pilot's friend. On the ground distance is your friend.
    You're supposed to bleed out right quick unless you are the guy in the wheelchair that got both legs blown off in the boston bombing.
    And he was paraded up and down the street a few times for the camera's. And survived.
    FJB

(Delaware County)

I saw a video with an interesting technique. When the knife fighter rushed him he fell backwards and shot the attacker from the ground. Apparently the level change took him out of range of the initial slash/stab and allowed at least several shots on the attacker. Could an attacker immediately go to ground and stab you there? Maybe if they are MMA trained or a super experienced street fighter, but most street fighters seem to want to stay on their feet and kick at you. Anyway, it seemed to be a better choice than standing there and getting stabbed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I saw a video with an interesting technique. When the knife fighter rushed him he fell backwards and shot the attacker from the ground. Apparently the level change took him out of range of the initial slash/stab and allowed at least several shots on the attacker. Could an attacker immediately go to ground and stab you there? Maybe if they are MMA trained or a super experienced street fighter, but most street fighters seem to want to stay on their feet and kick at you. Anyway, it seemed to be a better choice than standing there and getting stabbed.
    Why would anyone stand there? I would immediately start moving backwards to increase the distance and either draw or retreat if possible. If you have the physical ability and agility to draw while falling backwards without accidentally pulling the trigger or landing on your elbow and dropping the gun, more power to ya!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Why would anyone stand there? I would immediately start moving backwards to increase the distance and either draw or retreat if possible. If you have the physical ability and agility to draw while falling backwards without accidentally pulling the trigger or landing on your elbow and dropping the gun, more power to ya!
    He was going to cure the guy with hugs.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Seems there isn*t a lot of time involved. The video was 2 unrehearsed guys. They did several iterations. Gun holstered, gun drawn. Moving sideways and /or backwards didn*t seem to have much effect. The guy running at you easily adjusted trajectory or closed the minimal distance change. Falling backwards was pretty straightforward. Ass hit first and then lay back. Arms and head never hit the ground and the attacker was initially confused by the move. Perfect plan for all situations? No, but if you are faced with a sudden knife attack with no distance or ability to place objects between you it*s better than standing there getting stabbed.

I*m all for awareness and avoiding trouble. The guy and girl in the subject attack actually got up off a bench and walked towards a psycho that was beating on a parked car with a trash can. If they had stayed at the bench or walked away from the psycho the guy would probably still be alive to blog about the injustice that caused the psycho to beat on random parked cars.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He was going to cure the guy with hugs.
    Hugs for thugs

Wait here while we get a social worker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast