Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Navy Trophy Rifle Verification

I have a few of these great guns and a few are floating around out there. If you are not sure if yours is a real SECNAV trophy rifle here's how you check-

https://usnmt.org/resources/

The following rifles which were awarded by the US Navy and the US Marine Corps in the Name of the Secretary of the Navy can be verified:

7.62mm Mk 2 Mod 1 Service Grade with new 7.62mm SA barrels (The sleeved barreled rifles cannot be verified)
    7.62mm Mk2 Mod 1 Match Conditioned Grade A
    7.62mm Mk2 Mod 1 Match Conditioned Grade B
    Caliber .30 M1 Standard Grade issued after February 1998, and
    the Remington 720.
    There is no cost for this service. Send email https://usnmt.org/wp-content/uploads...T-Contacts.pdfto Jim Adell with the serial number and the data from the side of the barrel that becomes visible when the bolt is opened. A scanned copy of the page with your serial number, if it is a Navy rifle, can be emailed by request. If you want paper verification, including a copy of the page with your serial number from the Navy Serial Number List, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Jim Adell 2409 Frances Dr. Loveland, CO 80537.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Default Re: Navy Trophy Rifle Verification

But... do Sailors know how to shoot them?

Thanks for posting the resource. I don't own a Garand, yet. Although, my Springfield Armory M1A is keeping me occupied until I check it off my bucket list.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Navy Trophy Rifle Verification

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    But... do Sailors know how to shoot them?

Thanks for posting the resource. I don't own a Garand, yet. Although, my Springfield Armory M1A is keeping me occupied until I check it off my bucket list.
    I only beat R Lee with mine at Perry so you tell me.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff