Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Meet PA State Trooper Ronald Keith Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The ex-girlfriend was involuntarily committed for five days and did not display any suicidal thoughts during that time, according to medical personnel.

She was released on Aug. 26 and was subsequently interviewed by police.

Once cops saw an exchange of messages between the pair, they didn*t think there was cause to force her into treatment, police said.

Her purported *suicidal* messages that Davis used against her appeared to be hypothetical in nature and part of a larger argument over their deteriorating relationship, authorities said.

*While Trooper Davis provided text messages from [the victim] * and purported them to be suicidal, he failed to provide the full context of those messages,* the affidavit alleged. *In fact, the text messages were the culmination of a larger, domestic dispute between he and the victim. Taken in context, the texts revealed her frustration with Trooper Davis and his controlling behavior * not a true desire to harm herself.*

https://nypost.com/2023/09/24/pa-sta...nd-dauphin-da/
    At first I wondered if she actually did threaten suicide over the ending of their illicit relationship and he simply tried to get her help. But after reading the story, I see he is a scum bag. Another good reason for women to avoid dating married men. It could be this guy you are seeing.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    A slap on the wrist should do it. We need to consider his service to the community.
    Well he was arrested and is sitting with no bail. That is more than what usually happens.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    It's definitely time for that gal to lawyer up and sock it to that facility if she hasn't already!
    If they were only going by what was reported to them, I wonder how much they can be held responsible. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If they were only going by what was reported to them, I wonder how much they can be held responsible. ?
    Probably not much, but they're required to have a doctor speak with her before making a decision; it's arguably med mal to just trust a written statement from a cop (or anyone), when the allegedly suicidal woman is right there.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Probably not much, but they're required to have a doctor speak with her before making a decision; it's arguably med mal to just trust a written statement from a cop (or anyone), when the allegedly suicidal woman is right there.
    I think the fact that they held her for 4 days before determining that she wasn't a threat to herself indicates they didn't follow proper procedure.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I think the fact that they held her for 4 days before determining that she wasn't a threat to herself indicates they didn't follow proper procedure.
    I am not sure what the proper medical procedure is. I have dropped off patients that were committed by family members and swore to me it was a setup. I had to follow the paperwork. Some I knew actually had issues from previous encounters and some I never seen before. Some I could tell were batshit crazy. What can a medical professional do when the paperwork says one thing and the patient says another? How many patients do you think actually admit to needing some mental care and how many profess that they are being wrongly committed and persecuted by family members? How does a health care professional sort that out?

And if they are released before the hold is up and they harm themselves or others, people will be screaming that the mental health providers didn't do their job

(Bucks County)

Well he was arrested and is sitting with no bail. That is more than what usually happens.
    It's a start

(Philadelphia County)

.....she sure shouldn't have had to sit in there all that time,if her claims are true then she should have been cleared and released right after she was evaluated.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

I went through the process with a relative a couple years ago. After tons of bat shit crazy over a week or two, he put a loaded gun to his head.
    Disarmed his azz in a not so gentle manner and up to Grandview Hospital we went. It took all afternoon to get him admitted but they took him.

During several interviews he spoke freely about his delusions. I testified twice at 2 hearings. He ended up staying at Grandview for 90 days. They medicated him but didn*t offer much in the way of treatment. He*s still very ill but thankfully not staying here any longer.

After participating in the commitment process here in Pa. I*m pretty confident the medical personnel can tell crazy from railroaded.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Bedford County)

I would hope a cop just can't up and claim someone is suicidal and have them committed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast