Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JTS M12AK

Default JTS M12AK

Finally got my JTS M12AK out to the range yesterday. I had every intention of cleaning it before taking it out, but I had a very limited time window where I could get to the range. I fully expected to have problems given some of the reviews I'd seen where the gas piston needed to be thoroughly cleaned right out of the box. Well, I ran 100 rounds of mixed high brass and low brass ammo, and it fed everything 100%. I used target loads and heavy loads, slugs and buckshot. No problems whatsoever. Very impressed for it being a $230 "blem" shotgun. Only non-shooting issue I had was loading the mags. You have to push down each round a slight amount to get the next round to slide in. Not sure if this is box mag shotgun thing, or just an issue with the JTS mags. I only shot the 5rnd mags that came with the gun. I have three 10rnd mags to try out the next time I can get to the range.

My original plan was to replace the stock and forearm with a Magpul AK stock and Zhukov forearm, but I like the stock that's on there. Besides, I just have the base M12AK. It doesn't have a standard AK stock connection on the rear trunion like the T1 model does. That means I'd have to buy an adapter and go with an AR type stock or an ACE stock. The former being meh and the latter costing as much as the shotgun. I do think I'll replace the forearm with a Magpul AK forearm, however. I want the M-LOK slots.

Not my gun, just a photo from the web.

5165458465-jts-ak-12ga-18in-semi-auto-shotgun-black-m12ak.jpg

(Chester County)

Default Re: JTS M12AK

What was the "blem" that made it less expensive?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    What was the "blem" that made it less expensive?
    No idea. Couldn't find a scratch on the thing. I think they're trying to get rid of them in favor of the T1 version.

(Blair County)

The depressing of the previous round when loading the magazine is common with my Saiga and AR-12 mags.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Allegheny County)

What's depressing is posting "deals" and watching other people take advantage of them.

LOL

Glad it worked out!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What's depressing is posting "deals" and watching other people take advantage of them.

LOL

Glad it worked out!
    What is even more depressing is you can buy an AK shotgun for $230. But an AK rifle costs 3x more.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    The depressing of the previous round when loading the magazine is common with my Saiga and AR-12 mags.
    Thanks. I figured as much. Doesn't seem like there's much of a way to get past that considering the "lip" created by the metal base on the shell. Just something I'll be mindful of going forward.

(Berks County)

I didn't even shoot mine. Put it up for consignment and ordered the t1, plum side folding zhukov stock/ cheek riser, 4-10rd mags and grip for another $200. Waiting on the UPS man. Glad there is another confirmation these are g2g!
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Thanks. I figured as much. Doesn't seem like there's much of a way to get past that considering the "lip" created by the metal base on the shell. Just something I'll be mindful of going forward.
    There was a guy back in the day who drilled a small hole through the magazine directly above the rim. He then used a pin with a large loop. Think like a fire extinguisher pin. His idea didn't let the round deform but it took an extra step when making the gun ready to rock and roll. Far from perfect but the only other idea is notching the safety on the AK platform.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Berks County)

My folding zhukov plum furniture set is back ordered. Absolutely love the T1 and zero issues with 200rds at the range.

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast