Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar-15 & Hk-91

(Bucks County)

Default Ar-15 & Hk-91

My Mischievous Twins

Colt AR-15-A3 5.56mm (.223 Rem) Tactical "LE" Carbine Model AR6721"Restricted - Military/Government/Law Enforcement/Export Use Only" markings on the receiver from the good ole days. Purchased at Surplus City by the way!

And

HK91 G3 Type PTR 91K ((KURZ) 7.62 (.308 Win.) 16" heavy target barrel. button rifled with a RH 1-12 twist. Dare I say: Better than the original?

(Lancaster County)

There they are the two rifles that made me want them. Well dave I got the AR-15 and next is one more pistol a Beretta SB Model M Compact and then? Well we'll see
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Bucks County)

did you get that at the surplus city in south hampton? I went there once and my buddy got a Swiss K31 for 89 dollars.

(Lycoming County)

Very nice!!!
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Bucks County)

Surplus City - 302 Bustleton Pike Feasterville, PA 19053 215-364-7130. Next to Southampton. I really hate that place as I never have the will power to leave without buying somthing

(Bucks County)

I've wanted the HK91 since the dawn of time. Held one when I was twelve, almost wept when I had to give it back. (sigh)
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 03:42 AM.

You are not missing anything on not owning a HK91...worst firearm purchase I ever made...the PTRs are suppose to be better than the originals. Get the PTR if you must have a 91 type rifle. For the same money, I would suggest a DPMS LR...will outshoot the 91/PTR/FAL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515
    You are not missing anything on not owning a HK91
    I'll be OK, really. In truth, I don't need one. I have no real use for one. And I really don't have a convenient place to shoot one. It's just that I was 12, it was a BATTLERIFLE... and it was SEXY. There are plenty of other practical things on which I can throw my money away. No offense to anyone who owns one. I'm not calling anyone else's rifle a waste. It would just be foolish for me to have one.

But while we're at it, feel free to define PTR for me. Not familiar with the term.
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 03:42 AM.

PTR is a model from a company named JLD...JLD bought originally HK tooling and started making their own 91 clones in the US.

Default Precision Target Rifle. PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71
    But while we're at it, feel free to define PTR for me. Not familiar with the term.

Marc
    Mark, here is a PTR91 the letters stand for Precision Target Rifle model 91
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast