Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo help

(Lycoming County)

Default photo help

i know this has most likely been ask 100 times over. but i can't seem to find in in this section. so would someone please tell me how to get my pics from my computer onto this site. thanks

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: photo help

Load them on a site like www.photobucket.com and then cut and paste the IMG code from each picture into your post.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by o1dakota440 View Post
    i know this has most likely been ask 100 times over. but i can't seem to find in in this section. so would someone please tell me how to get my pics from my computer onto this site. thanks
    You can't load them up from your computer to this site. At least, that is what I finally found out.

Load them onto a online photo album. Lots of guys use Photobucket or something like it. I personally use a paid service, but it is a pretty nice way to share pics with friends and family. I use www.smugmug.com And if you would decide to use it. Enter mtbkski when you sign on and I get a cut in my cost.

Anyway, the picture has to be on the internet and not just on your computer. That is the part most people have a problem with. If you can do it off your computer. I have no idea how.

Place your pointer on the picture on the internet (You can do this to almost any photo on the internet to place it in your thread). Right click on the picture and go down to where it says properties.

Click on properties. When you see the Address. Highlight it and copy it. It will look something like this. (Copy and paste it)

http://mtbkski.smugmug.com/photos/335691142_2okWx-M.jpg

At the beginning of this address you must put [img] ,and you must put [/img] at the end of the address. Don't forget the backslash in the last one.

Then hit preview and see if the pic came up. If it didn't, check [img] and make sure it is correct. Ususally I forget something, put it to close, included something I shouldn't have. That is why it isn't coming up.

see, I forgot the backslash on the last [img] on this address, so no picture will appear.

[img]http://mtbkski.smugmug.com/photos/335691142_2okWx-M.jpg[img]

Sound confusing. It really isn't. In fact, it is very easy. Once you get the knack of it, you'll be posting pics like crazy.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; November 27th, 2008 at 02:11 AM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

What happened to the forums Image Hosting. I looked in the FAQ section and it tells me to go to user CP and click on 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'. Problem is.... I don't see such a thing in my user CP.

I am getting old, but this is rediculous. I can't see it anywhere. Please HELP!

(Westmoreland County)

You can upload pics from your pc to the forum by clicking the 'Manage Attachments' button below the post editor screen. It produces a small thumbnail in your post that can be clicked on to view the larger image. You are also limited to how many attachments that you may add so eventually, you may have to go into your user cp and delete some old attachments in order to upload more. But if your in a pinch, use the Attachment Manager...other wise, use an online photo host like Photobucket or www.xs.to

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

So....is the FAQ section out of date, in that there is no more "Image Hosting" on the site? I see alot of members with ALOT of images hosted. Is this no longer available? I hate to be a PITA, but, I try to figure things out on my own and when I am trying to do what it says to do, I can't because there is no such thing, or at least I can't find it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    So....is the FAQ section out of date, in that there is no more "Image Hosting" on the site? I see alot of members with ALOT of images hosted. Is this no longer available? I hate to be a PITA, but, I try to figure things out on my own and when I am trying to do what it says to do, I can't because there is no such thing, or at least I can't find it.
    The PAFOA Gallery is still visible, but is shut down to new uploads. Old photos are still visible, but you can't upload new ones.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    The PAFOA Gallery is still visible, but is shut down to new uploads. Old photos are still visible, but you can't upload new ones.
    Thanks RocketFoot.....this means that I am not completely senile (yet) and will now find another way to upload photos. I still have a few good years left in me!!

(Allegheny County)

I use photobucket for two reasons:

1. It's easy

2. Well, OK... there's only one reason.

Really, it's very simple.
    It even downsizes the files for you in case you don't know how to reduce the file sizes to their maximum size.

You can create folders to categorize your stuff, and post video.
    I'm sure there are others that offer better features, but this is free.
    (You can also pay for additional features)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I use photobucket for two reasons:

1. It's easy

2. Well, OK... there's only one reason.

Really, it's very simple.
    It even downsizes the files for you in case you don't know how to reduce the file sizes to their maximum size.

You can create folders to categorize your stuff, and post video.
    I'm sure there are others that offer better features, but this is free.
    (You can also pay for additional features)
    I second photobucket. I was never a fan of webshots or some of the other sites.

if you have your own hosting though, that can be very convenient, too.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast