Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: PSP switching to Walther PDP 4.5” model

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Not sure if true, but I've heard that the bids for the big contracts are often extremely competitive. Glock, Walther, etc. make it well worth PDs' while. They'll do whatever they can to steal away the business from the competition because it helps sales down the road/elsewhere.
    The retail price of glocks are greatly inflated, the original plan was for them to be a budget pistol, but Glock's marketing department told them that if they were cheap people would think they were garbage. So they can remain profitable even if sold at much less than wholesale.

Besides that Glock buys back their pistols from law enforcement and then sells them commercially, that's where all the police surplus glocks out there come from. I would assume other companies do something similar.

(Westmoreland County)

One huge reason the switch from the P227 to whatever was Sig discontinued the gun and parts would not be available. Plus most retirees buy their issue gun when leaving and they would need a stream of new guns for new Troopers.

(Tioga County)

I was interested in getting a 227 at some point and was surprised a few months ago to learn Sig had discontinued it a few years ago.

Maybe we will see some of these pistols as surplus on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I was interested in getting a 227 at some point and was surprised a few months ago to learn Sig had discontinued it a few years ago.

Maybe we will see some of these pistols as surplus on the market.
    It wasn't a big seller for them. Which is a shame 'cause I really like my P227. I had hoped SIG would have released a P227 in 10mm, but not enough interest, I suppose. I'm surprised they still offer a 10mm Legion. $1600 for a SIG pistol, especially a single stack, is too dang much, IMNSHO.

(York County)

I'm in a large department and I've been issued three different duty guns in my 21 years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345