Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Flash Hider or Muzzle Brake?

I like my Arsenal SAM7 with the brake. I used to get some shoulder bruising after 100-200 rounds with my saiga sporter. The one with the brake, I have no bruising issues. Even though the butt end is smaller in area (side folding stock) than the saiga.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not sure what you mean. I got my Epsilon for $35.

(I actually have another one - the "slim" version - for a rifle with a pencil barrel and I forgot to put it on! I think I got that one for $45)
    I apologize sensei.

(Allegheny County)

When I built my wife's gun, the slim Epsilon was not yet available (that I'm aware of), or I would have gotten it to better match the barrel outside diameter.

I have this Voo Doo Innovations Jet Comp on a 7.62x39 and it works great.
    I chose it after watching comparison vids and looking for the most affordable of the top recoil-reducing performers.
    It's very similar to the Jerry Miculek Muzzle Brake

Part of me says just get that again, but what fun is that?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

Personally, I'd go with a flash hider - because those are one of the naughty thingamabobs that they used to define an "Assault Weapon".
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider, or a brake with blast diverter.https://ar15discounts.com/products/p...arding-device/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider, or a brake with blast diverter.https://ar15discounts.com/products/p...arding-device/
    I was considering the Breek Arms muzzle brake with the optional blast shield.
    I can get that combo for $51 - shipped free.

Then I started thinking about it and (a) I don't really care about the blast to the sides and (b) when you screw on the shield, it mostly negates the effectiveness of the brake and creates more recoil. I mean, I guess it could come in handy if you were in a shooting situation at a range and wanted to be polite, you could throw it on temporarily.

Same goes for their flash hiders that accept that shield - I almost ordered that setup, but it's not going on a short barrel, so I don't think it has any real benefit - right now I have a blem "enclosed" 3 prong (I keep reading/watching reviews mentioning the "ping" with 3 prongs I would prefer to avoid) in the cart for $21.24 shipped (see last image below)

Breek Arms BFO Flash Hider Cage Style

They dont increase recoil with the shield.... it will just recoil like a flash hider. You know i like loud obnoxious guns but it is nice to have the option to make it not as obnoxious at times. It also keeps you from blowing stuff off the shoointing table. My opinion is they do a better job with hiding the flash too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    They dont increase recoil with the shield.... it will just recoil like a flash hider. You know i like loud obnoxious guns but it is nice to have the option to make it not as obnoxious at times. It also keeps you from blowing stuff off the shoointing table. My opinion is they do a better job with hiding the flash too.
    I'm talking about the use of a blast shield over a muzzle brake.
    I don't think I've seen any mention of increased recoil when using a blast shield over a flash hider.
    Three different videos specifically noted a slight increase in recoil with the shield over the brake.

(Northumberland County)

Now that I think about it, think it was actually you who put me onto the Epsilons when Schuyler Arms blew out the old stock. Regardless, I guess I'd vote brake > flash hider for better control.

Dont know shit about it but this Meridian Defense brake seems like an ok deal. Used, if you care.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/204428546470

(Allegheny County)

I'm just here to see how many pages this thread goes before you make up your mind!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast