Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: How long should a PICS delay take prior to taking legal action?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-24 hours

10 52.63%
  • 1-6 days

3 15.79%
  • 1 week

3 15.79%
  • 2-4 weeks

3 15.79%
  • 1-6 months

0 0%
  • 6 months - 1 year

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: PICS - How Long Is Too Long?

The total volume got you flagged. Hate to say slow your roll if everything is good to go they will sort it.

The FFL should follow up with PICS. Then follow up with legal after 30 days. I feel for the dealer also cause they are also on the radar.
    Good luck and insert shameless plug here- I'm not far if the dealer gets spooked.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Understood, Rosco the Iroc. The volume definitely does not have good optics. The frames being the same doesn't help the situation as on paper they are the same make and model even though they are visually different in appearance.

I appreciate having a back-up if my FFL does indeed get spooked. I believe we are looking to move forward with the transaction once the approval comes through though.

I told Prince Law Offices that I would schedule a consult with them after the 20th (30 days after the initial check).

Wouldn’t a denial based on anything but statutorily authorized prohibitory criteria violate Federal and Pennsylvania law? Wouldn't a denial based on anything but such criteria also likely violate the 2nd Amendment and Pa Constitution Article 1, Section 21?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Wouldn*t a denial based on anything but statutorily authorized prohibitory criteria violate Federal and Pennsylvania law? Wouldn't a denial based on anything but such criteria also likely violate the 2nd Amendment and Pa Constitution Article 1, Section 21?
    C'mon man, we all know that none of that matters to them. They act with impunity.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Wouldn*t a denial based on anything but statutorily authorized prohibitory criteria violate Federal and Pennsylvania law? Wouldn't a denial based on anything but such criteria also likely violate the 2nd Amendment and Pa Constitution Article 1, Section 21?
    Agreed. This is why I've conducted the exercise of my 2nd amendment right in this manner.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    A Delay from PICS can run up to 15 days. At that point they will either give an Approved or an Undetermined response. An Undermined means PICS can't, or doesn't want to, make a final approval. It is a de facto Denial. The subject of the Undetermined/De facto Denial can then file a PICS Challenge Form. PICS has to respond to that siting the reasons for the Denial/Undetermined response within 45 days.

The Pa. FFL is not allowed to release the firearms to the transferee/buyer till an approval is issued by PICS.
    This is correct.PA FFL must have PICS number to release.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by AsylumSk8er4Life View Post
    Widgetman101, yes I still own all of my guns. The grey area they've created regarding sales has me cautious. They changed the verbiage from primary livelihood to profit.

And yes, it may come to that @knight0334. They'll need a warrant to come in. The most I would do is talk to them through the ring camera and ensure nothing incriminating is disclosed. (Not that I have anything to hide, but their questions can be tricky sometimes.)
    Put a new doormat out, "Come Back With a Warrant".
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Put a new doormat out, "Come Back With a Warrant".
    With 64 guns in a year they probably will. :P

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    With 64 guns in a year they probably will. :P
    That raises an interesting question though, would they even be able to get a warrant? Is just buying a lot of guns "probable cause", sounds like a slippery slope.

I'd like to think that for them to obtain a legal warrant they'd have to illustrate some form of evidence that the person is straw buying or reselling and should be an FFL.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    That raises an interesting question though, would they even be able to get a warrant? Is just buying a lot of guns "probable cause", sounds like a slippery slope.

I'd like to think that for them to obtain a legal warrant they'd have to illustrate some form of evidence that the person is straw buying or reselling and should be an FFL.
    I'd agree. However, he better REALLY hope that none of his immediate neighbors are doing anything that would allow some dickhead to get a warrant for the neighbor and then "accidentally" bust into the wrong house and shoot his dog, him or both. Then sort it out afterward.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast